Can't play from TIDAL [resolved: was on free tier]

I too am unable to play Tidal content within Roon while I can outside of Roon:

1. Have rebooted my Roon server.
  2. Have logged out of Tital and back in from the Room client.
  3. All local content is playing fine from within Roon.
  4. Tidal content plays fine from my iOS device with the Tidal app using the same credentials.
  5. No Tidal content is playing. Says “The track is currently not available from TIDAL. Too many failures. Stopping playback”. Tried many albums and songs.
  6. Unable to play back Tidal via Roon to iOS iPhone 11 or Windows 10 Pro PC (Roon client). Same errors on both.

Roon Server: Windows 10 Pro with all updates, Intel Zeon 4 Core, x64-based computer

Check your DNS settings, change to 1.1.1.1 if unsure. also, i assume you are using a paid tidal account, the free tier does not work with roon.

Also, your core is logging to our backend that something is wrong with “\msrv02\MyMusic1”

Hello and thank you for the reply. I have been using Roon for three years or so and have been using Tidal with Roon a good amount. I don’t know why this has regressed.

My network hasn’t changed at all and all other apps/services are working OK. I reset the network parameters on my network card to be auto-assign from the network for DHCP/DNS and then rebooted my server. The errors are the same (still unable to play Tidal streams and get the same messages).

“MSRV02” is the hostname of my server and “MyMusic1” is the share that I have my local music. Can you be a little more specific what the log indicates is wrong with this server?

Note: I just now removed the setting to use \msrv02\MyMusic1 as that was not an important set of local music. \msrv02\MusicHD1 is still configured for use in Roon (this is the majority of my local content).

12/20 10:45:59 Debug: [roon/cifs] tryremount, path: \\msrv02\MyMusic1, username: , password NULL
12/20 10:45:59 Trace: [roon/cifs] WNetUseConnection(\\msrv02\MyMusic1, , <password>)
12/20 10:45:59 Trace: [roon/cifs] UseConnection \\msrv02\MyMusic1 ==> 53
12/20 10:45:59 Warn: [roon/cifs] failed to connect to CIFS storage: The network path was not found
12/20 10:45:59 Info: [broker/filebrowser/volumeshare] Volume's CIFSMount's availability changed: False
12/20 10:45:59 Debug: [broker/filebrowser/drive] availability on drive's volume changed: False: VolumeShare[networkpath:\\msrv02\MyMusic1,mountdir:<null>]
12/20 10:45:59 Info: [broker/locations/directorystoragelocation] drive availabilitychanged: False, FileBrowser.Entry: \\msrv02, MyMusic1 : \ (it was False)
12/20 10:45:59 Info: [broker/filebrowser/volumeshare] Volume's CIFSMount's availability changed: False
12/20 10:45:59 Debug: [broker/filebrowser/drive] availability on drive's volume changed: False: VolumeShare[networkpath:\\msrv02\MyMusic1,mountdir:<null>]
12/20 10:45:59 Info: [broker/locations/directorystoragelocation] drive availabilitychanged: False, FileBrowser.Entry: \\msrv02, MyMusic1 : \ (it was False)

the NAS mount is not connecting because it seems to not exist.

I’m looking into the TIDAL thing. please confirm the tier you have for your TIDAL account. Please do this by checking Settings → Services → TIDAL for your account name, and then logging into that account at tidal.com. Please do not do it from memory. I just want to make sure that TIDAL hasn’t done something goofy with your account.

After logging into tidal web page, it is showing me as “Free tier” now. I used to be able to use Tidal under Roon and now I am unable. I may need to contact Tidal about this now.

The \msrv02\MyMusic1 issue is not interesting. My RAID array that had the MyMusic1 share (diffent than the MusicHD1 share) needed to rebuilt and the Roon log was showing that as offline. This is moot now as I have removed MyMusic1 from the “Storage” configuration.

Free tier of Tidal cannot be used through Roon at all unfortunately.
Have you always been on the free tier?

Tidal recently changed their pricing structure. As has been posted, you cannot use the free tier with Roon.

I am supposed to be HiFi Plus. That’s why I am confused and wasn’t expecting this to be the case.

You will need to pay for TIDAL if you want to use TIDAL in Roon. TIDAL does not allow third parties to use their free tier.

I am once again able to stream Tidal through Roon. A while back I attempted to change the email address associated with my Tidal account. Up until this recent change in “tiers” with Tidal, I was able to successfully stream Tidal through Roon. Somehow the new email had been updated to be “free tier” but when I logged in with my original email it was properly at “HiFi Plus”. I merely changed the email in the Roon setup to use the original email and it worked again. Thanks again for working with me to get this resolved. Much appreciated.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.