Can't play to endpoint that isn't Core

I’m having this same problem when I try to stream to any endpoint that isn’t my core PC. This has become really frustrating for me and only gets worse as time goes on. I have 500mbps down and my core PC is connected to ethernet, I have no streaming problems when streaming directly to my core. This has made it impossible for me to use Roon on my phone or my laptop when I want to work somewhere besides my main PC.

Hi @Nathan_Goodwin ,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Thanks for the reply.

My core machine is a Windows 10 PC with a Ryzen 9 3950x and 16gb of ram. Streaming on my core PC works fine and never skips unless I try to stream to any other endpoint like my iPhone or laptop. My core is connected to my internet via ethernet and my router is an Apple Airport Extreme. I primarily use Qobuz but the same issue happens when I try to stream local files. The error I get is “this media is loading slowly” and the track either hangs for a while or continuously skips tracks with the same error.

Apple router ape could well be at fault here, try restarting everything on the network and the core iPhones etc

Hi @Nathan_Goodwin

Can you try rebooting the Core, endpoints, and Airport router?

We generally recommend against using Apple networking hardware as we’ve seen it cause problems in the past.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.