Can't play to endpoint that isn't Core

I’m having this same problem when I try to stream to any endpoint that isn’t my core PC. This has become really frustrating for me and only gets worse as time goes on. I have 500mbps down and my core PC is connected to ethernet, I have no streaming problems when streaming directly to my core. This has made it impossible for me to use Roon on my phone or my laptop when I want to work somewhere besides my main PC.

Hi @Nathan_Goodwin ,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Thanks for the reply.

My core machine is a Windows 10 PC with a Ryzen 9 3950x and 16gb of ram. Streaming on my core PC works fine and never skips unless I try to stream to any other endpoint like my iPhone or laptop. My core is connected to my internet via ethernet and my router is an Apple Airport Extreme. I primarily use Qobuz but the same issue happens when I try to stream local files. The error I get is “this media is loading slowly” and the track either hangs for a while or continuously skips tracks with the same error.

Apple router ape could well be at fault here, try restarting everything on the network and the core iPhones etc

Hi @Nathan_Goodwin

Can you try rebooting the Core, endpoints, and Airport router?

We generally recommend against using Apple networking hardware as we’ve seen it cause problems in the past.