Can't Restore Backup after Migration to New Windows Core

Hi support,

i ran QNAP core since Sept 2020, just setup a new win10 core, and try to restore backup from the NAS’s backup folder.
It just recognize the backup at Jan 2021 with v1.7 core by that time. All backup after that are not on list, suppose a few is by v1.8 core.

Could you please help to advise ?

Hello Paul,

Apologies for the delay! Our team’s queue is longer than typical at the moment, but we’re working to get back to everyone as quickly as we can.

I’m sorry to hear that you’ve been having difficulty finding a complete set of your backups on your Windows machine. Since it’s been a few days since you posted I wanted to see if you have had success getting everything restored.

If not, have you by chance ever mounted your Roon Core on this machine previously? Perhaps your Core is still finding older backups that exist on this machine.

Alternatively, if you’re able to find your backups folder on your QNAP server you can copy your backups folder to a flash drive and install your most recent backup from it.

Please let me know where things stand. We’d be happy to help you work through this.

1 Like

Thx for the tips, i will have a try.
I have rollback to the core on QNAP and workaround the problem.
But i will try your tips and update afterward.

1 Like