Can't search subs if 1 track in personal library

I have been complaining here for a while that I can’t get Roon to search Quboz and Tidal for albums very well. I think I have more information. It seems if I have 1 track from an album in my library, search stops looking after it finds it locally and won’t go looking in Quboz or Tidal for it.

I get the entry in my personal library, but that’s it. So long as I search for an album name that is not in my library at all search works like it does for everyone else.

This happened because at some point in the past I was buying single album tracks here and there.

To reproduce, get a track from say Lady Gaga’s Monster, and put it in your local library. Then try to search for the album.

There have been some big changes recently, are you on the latest 1182 version yet? (the issue you’re describing is probably still there though).

Just to make sure I understand the problem correctly, I’ll write down how to reproduce the issue, so please correct me if I’m wrong:

1. have a local copy of the album Monster by Lady Gaga
  2. have both tidal and qobuz
  3. search for f.e. lady gaga alejandro
  4. search displays the local version, but not tidal and qobuz?
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Reoppening a dead thread:
I have been complaining here for a while that I can’t get Roon to search Quboz and Tidal for albums very well. I think I have more information. It seems if I have 1 track from an album in my library, search stops looking after it finds it locally and won’t go looking in Quboz or Tidal for it.

I get the entry in my personal library, but that’s it. So long as I search for an album name that is not in my library at all search works like it does for everyone else.

This happened because at some point in the past I was buying single album tracks here and there.

To reproduce, get a track from say Lady Gaga’s Monster, and put it in your local library. Then try to search for the album.

Zenit then asked:

Just to make sure I understand the problem correctly, I’ll write down how to reproduce the issue, so please correct me if I’m wrong:

1. have a local copy of the album Monster by Lady Gaga
  2. have both tidal and qobuz

3. search for f.e. lady gaga alejandro

4. search displays the local version, but not tidal and qobuz?

Step 1: No, the above is not correct. You only need a local copy of 1 track of Monster. If your local library has ONLY Alejandro you will be unable to search for any other tracks from remote sources. It will think your copy is the entire album and fail to retrieve additional tracks.
Step 2: No, You do not need tidal and qobuz to reproduce the issue. I had tidal originally without qobuz.

So, having ANY tracks from an album prevent remote searches.

With the above corrections, steps 3 and 4 are correct.

Paging @zenit

I’ve reopened that topic and merged post to keep all the history together.

1 Like

This thread has escaped my radar. Thank you @Carl for merging it with the old one.

@Erik_Squires
By design, Roon gives preference to local albums, even if it doesn’t contain all the tracks. Are you able to see other versions of the album? There is an unrelated issue going on with displaying the track alejandro when searching alejandro lady gaga, but if you look for fame monster lady gaga you should get a reference to all the album versions through the versions tab.

Last time I looked this did not work. 1 track was enough to mask the entire album during searches.

Well, never mind. It seems to no longer be an issue. Sorry, this issue has plagued me for years. :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.