Can't see album in Roon

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019
/Roon 1.7(555)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet Sagemcom 5355

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Chord BluMKII/DAVE USB

Description Of Issue

I have FLAC and DSD versions of this album.
For some reason Vol. 2 of the DSD version does not display in Roon even though I can see it in my server hard drive. I have checked the file type and file extension but cannot identify an issue.
Vol.1 and Vol. 3 display and play fine.

The search results seem to be showing Volume 2… What happens when you click on that item? Do you get taken to the Album details page? And is there a Versions tab showing on that page (alongside the Tracks and Credits tabs)?

Hi Geoff. The Vol. 2 that is displayed is the CD FLAC 16/44 version. The DSD versions not displayed. There should be 6 albums but only 5 display.

The x3 DSD versions are the 2007 30th Anniversary Release.

What are your import settings? Prefer Roon or File (tags)?

I notice that Qobuz seems to have the anniversary albums as a box set. I just wonder if volume 2 is hiding somewhere in your library under another title…

prefer Roon.

Just rescan now after switching to “prefer file”

Ticked “prefer file” and rescanned but still can’t find Vol 2 30th Anniversary.

I tried searching for a track that’s on that particular album in case it’s hidden somewhere but still no luck.

If you added these albums as cd-rips at the same time, have a look at the Album browser sorted by date added. That might reveal if vol 2 has been given some other title than expected (first switch back to “Prefer Roon” in your import settings if that is what you had).

I found it hiding but with the correct title by using one of the tracks.
Strange thing is that the album title was correct.
I can see it in my albums but it still won’t show up when I do a search.

Hi @Geoffrey_Hee,

First, I definitely recommend checking out our documentation on boxed sets and how to make sure that Roon properly groups and identifies them.

You can use the merge function to get things grouped now.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.