Can't see Nucleus Plus on Network

Hi Rick - I seem to have the same issue, but cannot see the Nucleus Plus on the network. What did you end up doing to resolve the issue?

Thanks.

Victor

Hi @VAV,

I have split your post into it’s own thread so that we can better assist you.

Can you please let me know if you are able to access the Nucleus via the Web UI and if you are, can you share a screenshot of how the WebUI look like on your end?

What is your network setup like? Can you list the model/manufacturer of all your networking gear and how the Nucleus and Roon Remotes/Clients are connected to the network?

Have been using an Intel NUC, which has not had any issue, but just purchased a Nucleus Plus as a replacement.

TEXT GOES HERE
Tried installing the Nucleus Plus on a friends system without luck, so now trying to do so on my system which is using a Netgear FVS318Gv2 router. The Nucleus+ and my desktop (running Roon) are both on the same router switch.

TEXT GOES HERE
Using MSB Reference with Renderer module (was using BlueSound Port on my friends system earlier today, FYI). Music is stored on a QNAP NAS (same models in both instances). Have not had trouble accessing the non-Nucleus core in either location.

TEXT GOES HERE

Initially, I was able to see the Nucleus and it started downloading firmware. Left it to finish but after about 30 min, it was still stuck around 3/4 of the way and would not move. Power cycled and that was the end of seeing it again. Dim white power on is illuminated and the NIC card is solid orange and flashing green.

The HDMI output of the Nucleus displays:
SYSLINUS 6.03 EDD 20171017 Copyright © 1994-2014 H. Peter Anvin et al
found RoonOS install #1
found RonnOS install #2
booting w/ kernal: /roonos-2/bzImage
booting w/ initramfs: /roonos-2/initramfs
booting w/ cmdline: ro root=PARTUUID=4e4f4f52-01 rootfstype=ext4 vga=normal no
fb video=vesafb:off consoleblank=0 loglevel=1 roonos=roonos-2

I do not seen any new IP addresses on the router when I compare the list before and after connecting the Nucleus, even if I wait 15-30 min. It just doesn’t seem to be broadcasting it’s IP address.

If I connect back to my NUC as a core, then go to the Roon Settings, General, Core, all I see is the NUC core. If I disconnect from it, I get the screen that says Choose your Roon Core and the only selection is my NUC or it asks if I would like to “set up a Roon core on this PC” or at the bottom, Configure Roon OS devices on your network. I select that option and perpetually says “searching for devices” and even after 30 or more minutes, it doesn’t find anything.

Another issue: I had no sooner setup Roon on my friends system, with the Core on the QNAP NAS (while we waited to receive the Nucleus +) and it worked fine for a while, then just stops playing music. in one case I demonstrated the first song, no issue, then he simply selected a second song and that was the end of music… for the life of me, I could not get anything to play - not even the first song I had demonstrated moments before. zone was selected, library was fine and accessible, but when Play was depressed, the progress bar didn’t move. So at that point, I installed the Nucleus, thinking that would address the issue, removing the core from the NAS. No such luck.

Appreciate your help in advance.

Regards,

Victor

BTW, I rebooted the router and then selected “Configure Roon OS devices on your network” and let it scan overnight - no luck - was still “searching for devices” 6 hours later.

I ran Fling and it does not appear on the network.

If i connect a mouse/keypad to the Nucleus, is there a way to reset the unit to factory defaults or force the NIC to broadcast and get an IP address?

Thanks.

Victor

Hi @VAV,

If you connect the Nucleus to a monitor via HDMI can you share a picture of what you see on screen? Please make sure that the Nucleus is connected to power, powered on, and connected to the network during this time.

Thanks!

Hi Dylan,

Certainly. I’ll provide a snapshot of the two systems: the one with the blueish background was in the initial setup at my friends home. The won with the blackish background is in my current setup (where the NUC has been functional for a couple of years as the core).

Thanks so much!

Victor

“one,” not “won” :slight_smile:

Hi @VAV,

Thank you for posting the screenshot. I have also merged your two threads to keep all the information in one place.

Can you provide some more information on where/when you purchased this Nucleus? Did you purchase it through a dealer or through our Amazon storefront?

What is the serial number of this Nucleus? There should be a label underneath the Nucleus itself which lists the serial number.

Hi Noris -

We just received the unit last week and opened it this past Saturday for installation. Purchased from:
Basil Audio Inc.
479 N Santa Cruz Ave
Los Gatos, CA 95030

Nucleus Plus (rev B)
SN: 54B2038C10C8

Should I return the unit or can it be resolved remotely?

Regards,

Victor

Hi @VAV,

Thank you for providing that information.

I am currently discussing your case with the technical team. Can you please try rebooting the Nucleus once more by pressing the power button once and then powering it back on?

If you perform these steps, does the HDMI output change at all?

Hi Noris -

It doesn’t change, no. Here’s the result.

Hi @VAV,

Thank you for confirming that the additional reboot didn’t change this behavior. As for next steps, it’s best that you get in touch with our RMA team as this unit will require servicing.

Can I please ask that you send an email to RMA@Roonlabs.com with the following information?

1. Affected Nucleus type (Nucleus+ Rev B)
  2. Serial Number of Nucleus (SN: 54B2038C10C8)
  3. Dealer’s contact information (Basil Audio Inc - 479 N Santa Cruz Ave, Los Gatos, CA 95030)
  4. Your internal support ticket number (Ticket RS-1904)

Once you email them, the RMA team should be able to assist you further from here.
Thank you!

ok, will do. thanks much.

Victor

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.