My Mac Mini recently had some system troubles. So i restored old backup to my mac
which made me reinstalling Roon Core.
I downloaded RoonServer latest version and installed it on mac mini. i can’t go furthur on lonin
form from remote app at first time but i restarted RoonServer i could set up the rest parts of
RoonCore. But i can’t see any music imported from my NAS SMB share folder
So I installed Roon application on my Mac mini after i uninstalled RoonServer.
Roon Application works fine on my Mac mini. i don’t get why RoonServer is not working on
my machine while Roon is working fine on same machine.
I guess i should have submited server’s log but i don’t know how to get it
Please tell me what i have to do.
I am using MacMini 2012 Late Version with 16G Memory , 128G SSD
my OS version is 10.12 OS Sierra.
Hi @DAEGUN_Park ----- Thank you for the report and the insight. I just want to make sure I am conceptualizing the issue here correctly and would kindly like to ask you to please confirm the following information for me. Please see below. Thanks!
- My Mac Mini recently had some system troubles. So i restored old backup to my mac which made me reinstalling Roon Core.
- Can you please describe the system trouble you are referencing here and when you say you “restored” from an old back-up, was this a roon database back up OR did you end up rolling back to a different version of Mac OS?
- I downloaded RoonServer latest version and installed it on mac mini. I can’t go furthur on lonin form from remote app at first time but i restarted RoonServer i could set up the rest parts of RoonCore. But i can’t see any music imported from my NAS SMB share folder So I installed Roon application on my Mac mini after i uninstalled RoonServer. Roon Application works fine on my Mac mini. i don’t get why RoonServer is not working on my machine while Roon is working fine on same machine.
To clarify, you tried to install RoonServer on your MacMini along side of Roon remote on this computer, correct?
A restart, then allowed you to setup the application through remote use?
You then tried to import music and were unable to do so, so you ended up using the MacMini as your core machine and not a server?
Thanks for Replay
- Suddely My mac mini didn’t boot up correctly and stuck on Apple’s Logo . So I restored from time machine backup which has no roon installed and same OS version
After i restored OS i upgraded to OS 10.12 Siera hoping to fix Roon problem
- At the first time i tried to install RoonServer but i couldn’t set up RoonServer from my
IPAD Remote App. I couldn’t go next first Roon Account Form. After i entered my account
Roon Logo was not disappeared. I restarted my Mac mini And i reconnected to RoonServer from IPAD Remote App. I saw Roon account form was not appear like passing authentication and storage setup form was pop up So i ended up my RoonServer Setup but RoonServer didn’timport any music from my storage folder even though i did forced to scan storage location
So I uninstalled RoonServer and i installed Roon app on my Mac Mini . i successfully setup Roon app
on my Mac Mini. I am using MacMini as core machine running Roon App not RoonServer App
I hope this make my situation clear . Sorry I am not good at English
If you have any question please let me know
There is no music added in your library yet, so you would not mind starting from scratch again, right?
I’d try the following: Close Roon (and also Roon Server if it is running as well - you can see it if there is a Roon icon in the menu bar).
Enter your user’s library folder.
(Click in the Finder’s menubar on “Go to” and hold the alt-key. While holding it select “Library”.) Delete “RAATServer”, “Roon”, “RoonServer”.
As you would like to use “Roon Server” in the first place I’d start RoonServer now. When it has launched (Roon menubar icon appeared) open Roon in addition to the running Roon Server and select “I want to use this Mac as a remote control”. Select the Roon Server that is running on the same machine and enter your credentials. If you set it up this way, the Roon Server app will still be active even though you closed the Roon (remote control) app on your mac mini.
Add your music files in the storage settings tab and add your audio endpoints in the audio settings tab.
If you still can’t connect to your network share, a screenshot of your storage settings would be very helpful.
Hi @DAEGUN_Park ---- Thank you for following up and clarifying that information for me, my apologies for the confusion. I am not sure if you have seen Chris’s (@crieke) reply yet, but he is offering some very sound advice
I will give it try tomorrow.
Yesterday I started from scratch again following @crieke 's suggestion.
My RoonServer app is working fine on my Mac Mini I guess there were something wrong on Library Folder
but I am not sure.
Thanks for support to fix my issue
Hi @DAEGUN_Park ---- Thank you for the follow up and I am glad that Chris’s (@crieke) suggestion helped! Happy listening!