Can't sign in to Roon on new iMac running OS Big Sur 11.1

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

iMac running mac OS 11.1 Big Sur

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

WiFi, Apple Router

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

iMac internal speakers

Description Of Issue

I was successfully running Roon on my previous iMac (2014, OS Mojave 10.14.4). Recently migrated to new iMac running current OS (Big Sur 11.1). Restored contents of old Mac to the new one from an external hard drive. All other content transferred OK, but can’t sign in to Roon (stalls on “Logging In” sign, never completes). I’ve reinstalled the Roon software, same problem.

Hello @John_Ragan ,

How did you restore the contents of the old Mac? Did you use a Roon Backup or a backup application like Time Machine? For Roon backups to restore properly, you would need to have a backup made from within Roon, a Time Machine backup won’t work please see:

If you set up a fresh database, does that also have issues with login?

• Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Reinstall the Roon App from our Downloads Page to generate a new Roon folder

Thanks for your help, creating a backup to the external drive on my old Mac and launching from that backup on the new Mac worked perfectly. I appreciate the help!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.