Can't use Roon Remote Legacy 1.8 with Roon Core 1.8

Roon Core Machine

2011 iMac
OS X Yosemite 10.10.5 (can’t upgrade to later OS)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Not applicable, my music library is in a external hard disk connected through USB port to the iMac

Connected Audio Devices

Yamaha RXA3070

Number of Tracks in Library

12,000 tracks

Description of Issue

For starters, I can’t upgrade to Roon 2.0 as I have an old Mac OS. :frowning:
I have an iPhone 6 where I used Roon Remote, but it is no longer working as it expects a Roon 2.0 Core. So, I installed Roon Remote Legacy in the iPhone, which I understand should work with the Roon 1.8 Core. However, it doesn’t (see attached images) and Roon keeps telling me that I have the latest possible core installed.

You need the new build of 1.8, which is 1.8 (Legacy).

Follow this guide and download the 1.8 (Legacy) file.

As soon as your core has upgraded to 1.8 (Legacy) Build: 1126. You can download the legacy apps for your phones and tablets.

2 Likes

Hi,

I managed to install Roon Core 1.8 build 1126 in my mac, however I now have a bigger problem: no audio devices appear in the Settings–>Audio screen. :(((

My Yamaha RXA370 is connected to the iMac through HDMI and before this upgrade it was working fine.

This problem happened some months ago with another upgrade and it was solved quickly with a new build.

Please help !

I just realized that my music folders are not recognized, either. There is no music in my library. If I try to add the folders again, I get an error message that the folder has already been added, but it’s not scanned. :(((