Catalina/ MBP Touch Bar

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Mac OSX Catalina 10.15.3
Roon 1.7 (Build 528)

Description Of Issue

Very minor observation - when using Roon on my MBP w/ Touch Bar, Roon comes up on the Touch Bar with basic playback controls and the track progress bar. When the track is skipped, the progress bar doesn’t reset, and stops when it reaches the end, seemingly based on the end of the previous track (i.e. if track 1 is 2 minutes long and I skip at 1:00, the progress bar will still continue for another minute and stop, without resetting). Audio plays back perfectly fine.

A bit more usage and playing around - seems to be intermittent, but interestingly I cannot replicate when I have the queue up (but with Roon minimised).

Also for clarification, this happens when the track is skipped by using the track skip function on the Touch Bar.

Hello @Ben_Hagens,

Thanks for reaching out! I will discuss with the QA team to see if we have a MBP w/ Touch Bar in-house to attempt to reproduce this behavior. One other thing which would help here is your Roon logs.

Can I please request that you reproduce this issue and note the exact local time + date + track it occurs on? Once I have this information I can enable diagnostics mode for your Mac Core and submit the report along with logs to QA.

Thanks!

Hi Noris,

Done!

Local time is 13:02 (HKT). Tracks are:

QOTSA: My God is the Sun
Nine Inch Nails: Play the Goddamned Part
Faith No More: Falling To Pieces
Jane’s Addiction: Stop!

So a mix of Tidal and HDD based tracks. The track progress bar does reset and correspond correctly when I maximise Roon.

1 Like

Hi @Ben_Hagens,

Thanks for letting me know the timestamp and reproducing, I have activated diagnostics mode and what this action does is automatically upload a log set to our servers. I can confirm that the log report has been received and submitted to QA for further analysis. If we have any other questions, we will reach out once more, thanks!