CD Ripper does not appear when CD inserted into Apple external drive

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

I am on a trial so latest Roon

TEXT GOES HERE

The core is installed on an Imac (Big Sur OS) and the music data is on same machine The external CD drive is directly attached to the Imac with usb. When I place a Cd in the drive there is no ripper shown from Roon. A check of settings -set up-configure Roon shows Roon search but nothing shows

TEXT GOES HERE
Oppo UDP 205 connected by ethernet
Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

TEXT GOES HERE

The core is installed on an Imac (Big Sur OS) and the music data is on same machine The external CD drive is directly attached to the Imac with usb. When I place a Cd in the drive there is no ripper shown from Roon. A check of settings -set up-configure Roon shows Roon search but nothing shows

As i understand, this only work on Roon OS.
Tried this as well with Core on Mac OS, but ended up ripping on a linux machine and syncing the files to my Roon Server, because that was the easiest for me.
My Core is on a mac mini with Ubuntu Server 20.04.1 LTS.

Se this link:

Hi @Roger_Keys,

Welcome to the forum!

As @PeterD mentioned, the CD Ripping functionality is only available for RoonOS devices such as Nucleus and ROCK.

You will need to use Mac Ripping software to rip the files and then point Roon to them, the following guide outlines how to specify directories:

Hope this helps!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.