CD/SACD player from McIntosh

We have all bought tech based upon its current appeal. I remember when the appeal of a spartan Audio Research SP3 became a must have. Some companies find a design (eg. Mustang) that sells for generations. There is a company that modifies open reel tape decks to cosmetically go with McIntosh electronics.

1 Like

For those who love irrelevant and, in this case, dangerously distracting meters, here’s some for your Jeep -

1 Like

Hm, I wonder how well those handle vibrations and G forces.

Just when I thought there could be nothing dumber than a rack full of McIntosh, with each device has two gigantic blue meters, the new Jeep Wagoneer proved me wrong.

1 Like

If spouse hates music, you’ll always have your car.

But it might look cool in my system…

5 Likes

Great system. Are those Magnepans and are those subs bordering them? What cartridge are you using with the Mc turntable?

I have magnepans myself and I’m sure they sound terrible on a measuring tape, but, I love them.

Thank you. Those are PBN Montana EPS speakers used with the monoblocked MC275s (180wpc). The MC452 is driving the Maggie 3.6/r speakers.

I’m using a Dynavector DV-20X2L moving coil cartridge.

The room is 14,400 cubic feet; 40x20x18.

The 55" tv is only for REW analysis and as a Roon Monitor.

Bill

2 Likes

I’ve run REW on these and the in-room response is right on my target curve…

2 Likes

I sit 6 feet from mine, toed right at me, I’m good.

2 Likes

Are you using the Mc phono preamp or do you have an outboard unit?

The Mc2600 all tube preamp has a built-in DSD capable dac and separate tubed MM and MC inputs. Sounds magnificent!

1 Like

The DAC board may be the DA-1 or DA-2; our McIntosh did.

I did not do the upgrade to the DA-2 and elected to use an external DAC.

I deferred once again on buying a turntable despite owning 60s and 70s vinyl. I tend to listen to SACD on the McIntosh MCT-500 transport.

My wife loves your system and pointed out that we use the same wooden container for our remotes.

From Bangkok:

2 Likes

The meters in the Jeep are virtual. Just a display option on the infotainment screen, not real meters. McIntosh puts them everywhere they can, which is also why they put them on a DAC/CD player.

3 Likes

Physical media? How quaint.

Irrelevant but pretty, I got em :stuck_out_tongue: