CD unrecognized and bad recognized works

I’m trying the service and I must point out that a lot of my CDs are not recognized. In this case, how can I do to complete the data?
If a CD is not recognized it is not even listed as a genre and the artist is not listed.
Also the work of classical music are not correctly identified, for example with two different CD containing the same job as Dvorak (Symphony no. 9), the first has been rightly identified as “Symphony no. 9 in E minor (” From the new world "), B.178 (op. 95), another time simply “Symphony no. 9, Op. 95” and this for the software are two different works.
How can I fix these errors?

Same here. Lots of CDs in my library are not recognized. All are in WAV format, all are ripped from regular CD either with EAC or with dBpoweramp.

I found out by clicking on an artist that has many CDs in my library. Only two of the six or seven CDs showed up.

However, if I search by title for one of the non-listed CDs it shows up but with an error. On one CD, the error was that one of the tracks was 3 seconds longer than what was in Roon’s database - seems like a pretty picky error to flag the CD as not importable.

I have thousands of CDs. This could take me forever to track down all the missing CDs and “correct” this kind of glitch. It’s not readily apparent that Roon does not find a CD - you’d have to be looking for that particular one to recognize that, hey, it did not pick that up and put it in my library. Uggg.

My problem is slightly different from that of jmathers. My CDs are recognized by the scanning but they are not found in the database of Roon. In these cases the CD are not categorized correctly, and I do not find a way to add tags that are missing (eg genre)

[quote=“Flavio61, post:1, topic:641, full:true”]Also the work of classical music are not correctly identified, for example with two different CD containing the same job as Dvorak (Symphony no. 9), the first has been rightly identified as “Symphony no. 9 in E minor (” From the new world "), B.178 (op. 95), another time simply “Symphony no. 9, Op. 95” and this for the software are two different works. How can I fix these errors?
[/quote]
This identification of a classical work using two different titles comes about because of the precise metadata on the Roon server. They use several metadata services at the same time. The title with B.178 in it is from Rovi, and the other is from somewhere else.

Dvorak’s page will list them next to each other if you sort by opus number, which is helpful, but you will not see the performances all together on one page while the titles are different.

Editing is coming, but the only way to make them match currently would be to populate your FLAC tags with the Rovi-style titles and get the Roon app to use the FLAC tags (which is possible but a bit hidden).

To rip my CDs I always use dbpoweramp, because one is tagged right and the other not? How do I tag the files according to the rules Rovi?

You could either:

• Waiting until Roon incorporates editing, which is high on the list.

or

• Edit your FLAC tags. This is what I have done, but it’s labour intensive. You need (a) an app to do the editing (as you are on PC I’ll leave it to someone else to recommend) and (b) the AllMusic website. If you take the work names from AllMusic they will then match up in Roon. Try it, and see the effect.

I should point out though that they are aware of the problem and the solution, when it comes, is sure to be a good one.

Best of luck!