Changing artwork of each single CD within a compilation

Roon Nucleus 1.7 with internal ssd via Ethernet and Naim Unity Nova.

I ripped my John Eliot Gardiner: Bach, Cantatas Compilation with 56 CDs, each with a different cover picture, and copied it to the internal ssd. Originally, before Roon, each cover picture showed correctly on the Naim Display. Of course I treated the CDs separately.

Now with Roon the 56 CDs are being compilated again and as cover being proposed the dull black CD box or alternatively just one of the 56 files.

While Roon has imported all 56 original sleeve covers, which is good, it isn’t possible, to assign the suitable cover file to disc 1, disc 2, disc 3 and so on.

Can you offer a solution for that problem? The individual covers are beautiful portraits of different people by famous photographer Steve McCurry and therefore I don’t want to miss them.

Thank you very much

The underlying problem is that TiVo supplies box set metadata as one long list (when they actually bother to populate box set metadata), differentiating only between discs, but no discsubtitle and no ability to have cover art per disc. Roon’s box set handling was modeled accordingly and as a result it’s been making a mess of box sets since day one, with seemingly no impetus to address your request, which has been made many, many times by many others.