Changing 'Device Volume' In Settings, somehow loses Communication with Auralic Vega G2.1

Roon Nucleus
Software version 1.7. Build 610

I have just purchased an Auralic Vega G2.1. On two occasions, within a couple of hours, whilst changing the Device Volume in Roon Settings on Mac OS, the Nucleus lost communication with the Auralic. When I attempted to play something, including radio, I received an error warning. Please see attached screenshot.
After a reboot of the Nucleus everything went back to normal and Roon found the Auralic again.

When I first set up the Auralic I noticed that Roon had found the Auralic and listed it as a device, ‘Shairportsync Via Airplay’. But, after a reboot of the Nucleus, the Auralic was listed twice in settings. Once under 'Roon Ready’ then also under ‘Shairportsync via Airplay’ Please see attached screenshots.

I have no idea if changing the Device Volume in Roon settings is just a coincidence?

Please can you assist.

Kind regards

David

what is the network setup like, using wifi or wired for the Auralic?

Thank you for getting back so quick :+1:

It is an Ethernet wired connection. From the router via a Negear Switch.

Hi @DJM,

This is expected behavior here since the G2 is a Roon Ready DAC and we suggest using this input.

If this behavior re-occurs, can you please let me know and note the exact local time + date you notice it occur?

Have you seen the device volume behavior occur from any other Roon Remote?

Hi there Noris

When you say ‘Roon Remote’, are you referring to other connected devices (Endpoints)? If so, the answer is no.

I can’t remember exactly at what stage, but the issue started when I connected a new device, an Auralic Vega G2.1.
On the Auralic app (Lightning DS) there is the facility to change the volume. Using my previous DAC (Matrix Audio) I had the volumed ‘Fixed’ in Roon Audio settings. So, I think the issue may have started when I attempted to change from ‘Device Volume’ output in Roon settings, to ‘Fixed Volume’. Or, would that not have created the issue? Please see attached screenshots.

Are you able to tell me what kind of things would cause the errors shown in the attached screenshot?

Best wishes

David

1 Like

Hi @DJM,

Thanks for those screenshots!

By this question I meant, are you seeing this issue occur on both your iPad and Mac when playing to the Auralic Zone?

It appears that the issue occurred on October 15th at 22:55, this gives us a good time to reference for logs.

Can I please ask that you use these instructions to send me a copy of your Roon logs, located under the RoonSever\Logs folder on the Nucleus?

If you have any issues accessing, please just let me know and I can clarify.

Hi Noris

At the time of the error message, I’m not 100% sure, but think it was my iMac.

I hope I have done this correctly! :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks for sending those over @DJM, let me get these over to the team for closer inspection, I’ll let you know once your case has been reviewed!

Hi @DJM,

Thanks again for sending those log files over, I spoke to our team regarding them but unfortunately the logs are not sufficiently clear due to the amount of storage trace errors in them.

It appears that you have an inactive storage location, //Davids-iMac.local/Music that is printing over and over in the Roon log with access errors, causing the rest of the log to be unreadable.

Can you please disable this location under Roon Settings -> Storage, reproduce the issue and send a new log set? Thanks!

Thanks Noris…Trouble is, I don’t know how to reproduce it, because I don’t know what caused it. I think it may of been when I was playing about with the Auralic’s settings, but can’t be sure.

Whilst we have been communicating, I have returned the Auralic G2.1 to the dealer, and upgraded to a dCS Bartok. A highly respected Streaming DAC. This product is on order, but will take about 8 weeks to arrive.
In the meantime, my dealer is allowing me to use a dCS Network Bridge, until the Bartok arrives.
So far, no issues at all. The dCS Mosaic app is lightning fast and more rock solid than the Auralic.

I will delete the //Davids-iMac.local/Music on the Nucleus, as this is no longer required anyway.
Should the error message be reproduced in the future, what course of action would you like me to take? Is there a Roon Support reference number for this fault that we can both refer back to?

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @DJM,

Happy to hear that you’ve been able to use another DAC properly with Roon!

A new set of logs + timestamps (and track affected) would be very helpful to have.

If you ever have the same issue occur, you can just reference this thread directly and we can pick it back up:

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.