Changing service from TIDAL to Qobuz

Try support, I’m sure they can help.

Pay for one month. If that’s too rich for you, probably shouldn’t be using Roon. Just sayin’

Qobuz provides a soundiiz link that works for such a transfer. At least they did a few months back when I switched.

I guess you are referring to this link : Eksporter Roon-spillelister og bibliotek til Qobuz

This is using the export function in roon, from Roon to Qobuz.

I am only aware of an export function in roon per album, and this is from roon to Qobuz…

How did you in this case get all album exported and how do you get them visible the Qobuz album in roon after?
I tried doing convert from tidal to Qobuz, that never showed the Qobuz album in roon, although it is showing in Qobuz. And where in roon is the export functionality to export every single album?

Even when I go directly in Qobuz and mark a album as favorit, this only shows up under the Qobuz tab in roon, it does not show up in my album list . Ex here I marked the John Mayer Sob Rock album in Qobuz app, it is synced just fine under the Qobuz section but it is not showing under the Album or Artist view (which is the view I am always using). So, using any export or import function, I have not been able to do this. Maybe I should have been more specific, this is the view I want the ex tidal albums to show in… Not under Qobuz folder, that is not used by me…

If it had worked as I need it to, that would not be any problem. but paying for something to figure out that it does not do what I need is just stupid

Of course i don’t know your system setup but i can assure you the soundiiz transfer works without issue. You can transfer your entire tidal content by album, track or playlist.There is also a “select all” tick box so its all complete in one transfer. It will also populate in Roon. Try the rescan button in settings storage. I know this because i did it with tidal to Qobuz and Tidal to Apple Music.

Well find something else. Or don’t use Roon. Simples.

I feel you…

Soundiiz is simply not the solution. It is still beyond my understanding why a (or better - the best) music library management software doesn’t incorporate (advanced) functions to manage music libraries.

3 Likes

It was a Soundiiz voucher Qobuz sent me a day or so after I joined. I already had a payed account, so didn’t use it. But Soundiiz worked fine for me, found most of my Apple Music and Tidal albums.

FYI have to pay to do Albums etc

1 Like

I‘ve switched between Tidal and Qobuz 2 times back and forth using Soundiz for one month (actually just one hour max)!
Soundiz worked perfectly smooth for me!
I‘ve added Discogs information to Soundiz as well. Now I have all my top collectable vinyl records in Qobuz as well, which makes sound comparisons super easy.

Don‘t do it manually! Life is too short!

many album have multiple selection, how will u be able to select the correct slbum you want? my understanding is that you can do real managment with this «management software». second, how will you select your favorit songs within the albums that was marked in tidal. in tidal, most album are mqa, which is the reason I am going away from tidal. are the sw able to match this in qobuz on the correct resolution feom the mqa album?

so the point here is that to me it seems you in any case have to go album by album to set rhis up as u actually which. this was my initial question here, but I cant see this is covered. correct me if I am wrong

Might have missed the point, but…

• Soundiz transfers your Albums from Tidal to Qobuz or vice versa
  • Playlists can be transferred the same way, assuming they exist as real Playlists
  • Album versions are transferred as well
  • using Discogs, Soundiz identifies „a“ album that seems to be closest to the LP version. Maybe you have to select a higher Res here and there

Open topic FAVORITES: no idea, as I‘m not using that function

Qobuz sent me a free link when I moved from Tidal also.

Tunemymusic is free.
Yesterday I have transfer my favorites Qobuz in Tidal. It’s very fast.
Soundizz is not free.
Enjoy.

You never had any albums unless you own the physical media or purchased a download. You just lived in a world of illusion.

I recently changed from Tidal to Quobuz using Soundiz for $5. It worked extremely well to transfer my albums and playlists. I did a compare and and found some albums that didn’t come across, about 10%. Of those, only 4 were of real interest anymore so I tracked down physical copies. Still got more music to stream than I can really listen to. I would do this again in a heartbeat.

I tried Soundiiz when I got a subscription to Qobuz, and it was a nightmare for me. I got a lot of partial albums, and many didn’t transfer at all, Despite paying for it, I ended up spending hours and hours, not only transferring the albums and songs that didn’t work, but undoing the thousand mismatches. I’ll never use it again.

Hi Friend,

The actual issue here is that you just don’t know what to do (This is not a ROON problem…) which is why you came posting here.

This solution is easy. Do the following.

1. Use Soundizz for 5 bucks once off. Don’t be stingey when you pay for streaming and roon already.
  2. Match everything between Tidal and Qobuz, sort through any missing and source them as local files and re-add.
  3. Alternatively/Potentially use the link posted above to export all your ROON albums, playlists, songs, everything into excel files and import into soundizz to match them to Qobuz. That way all your local files are also matched in qobuz moving forward.

This process is actually really easy and automated, fantastic tools to simplify a huge change.

Any favorite ‘love heart’ tracks may not come over, but that’s life. Not a big deal. It’s possible roon is smart enough to re-mark these tho on the qobuz album equivalent.

It doesn’t work on metal.