Choose Multiple Tracks to Never Play

Often times I buy/rip a re-release album that has bonus tracks or sometimes an entire secondary disc of bonus tracks. It’s rare that I care to hear any of this, though I still rip and store it. How can I quickly select multiple tracks or a complete second disc and toggle them to never play. It’s painful to tap each track twice to cycle through “heart” then “do not” symbols.

This is with an Android tablet. I don’t do Windows, so no right-click.

Cheers,
Robert

You can multi-select the tracks and like them, so you got one click for all in one go. The second click you still have to do for each of the tracks individually.

1 Like

Thanks for that, I hadn’t noticed the couple of options that pop up on top during multi-select, but it gets me partway there. Pity that the “don’t play” option isn’t one of the options on offer.

Cheers,
Robert

Hi Fellow roonies,
what about a „Tag“ like „DontPlayOnRoonRadio“ so roon radio will
skip those tracks automatic!
Could be a „Feature Request“, I think !
Regard,
Bassman Ralph

1 Like

That’s a good suggestion actually. I see this as a separate, though related function. Here’s why:

There are some tracks that I just don’t want to hear, ever, such as demo tracks and alternate versions that I really don’t get on with at all. So marking them as “never play” would hopefully result in them not being played if I chose to play the album they are part of and also never as part of a Roon Radio selection.

There are some tracks that in the context of the album I would like to hear. Perhaps some between song artist chatter, concert announcements etc. But I don’t ever want to hear these in between unrelated tracks in Roon Radio.

Cheers,
Robert

Use the ROONRADIOBAN file tag for that purpose – obviously available for your local files only. Additional information:

2 Likes