Chord dave and mojave issue and roon problem

I am having a perplexing problem and hope somebody can be of some help…I have been using roon for some time with my macbook pro feeding my chord dave without incident…recently I bought a new laptop a 15 inch 2018 macbook pro with mojave installed…previously i had been using a 2016 15 inch macbook pro…

shortly after i started using the new macbook pro with mojave i started having intermittent drop out while listening to music. I matched all of the settings from my old laptop roon setup in the new computer and at first begin changing cables and everything else one would do in these cases with no improvement, On a lark I decided to hook up my old laptop once again and thus far I have had no dropouts and everything seems to be working fine as it always had. I never upgraded my old laptop to the new mojave operating system so that seems to be the obvious culprit but I cannot figure why or what in mojave would cause this issue. The old laptop was running high sierra

I am hoping somebody out there might have a suggestion as to what i might be able to do in order to use roon and chord dave along with mac with mojave…i have exhausted all options and potential fixes as far as i can figure out!

Do you get the same behaviour when the MacBook is the end point, i.e. using the Mac’s speakers instead of the Dave?

I am using it to listen to headphones using the dave as dac fed from roon and my laptop

I understood that. I was looking to determine if the problem is also present when you take the Dave out of the mix and use the Mac’s audio output.

the problem is intermittent,i can listen for an hour without a drop out and then get drop outs so it is very difficult to isolate in that way…

I suggest you read the following KB article and contact support as described. Also, post the following information when you describe the problem.

Describe Your Setup
Tell us about your setup when reporting an issue. If you’re already running Roon (or trying to run Roon and having an issue), be sure to let us know:

• what version of Roon you are running ( Settings > About; If you’re running Windows, please let us know whether you’re running 32bit or 64 bit )
  • What operating system you are running ( Windows 7; OSX 10.9; etc )
  • Basic information about the device you’re using ( MacBook Pro 2011 w 4gb of RAM; HP Envy laptop w i7; etc ).
  • Describe where your music is stored – this includes hard drive description and interface type (USB, Firewire, etc. If you are using a NAS or any other kind of network storage, be sure to include the information requested in the Network section below)
  • Let us know your collection size ( approximate number of tracks )

Hey @jon_brachfeld,

I’ve moved your thread to the Support section of this community, so Roon @support can chime in as well.

Hi @jon_brachfeld,

Does this behavior occur with all content (TIDAL and all local file types)?

Does this behavior occur if you play to different endpoints? As suggested above, if you play to the Mac directly instead of the Chord Dave does this still occur?

Besides the OS, are there any other differences between the two MacBook Cores? Are they connected differently to the network? Does your new MacBook have any active antivirus or firewall software? If so, can you try disabling and see if there is any change?