Chord Mojo & Poly

It’s enabled in the Roon settings and I’ve selected chord poly in the speaker selector and it’s playing ok… I was just wandering why it always says low quality in the signal path?… I’ll try and be clever and add a screen shot….

The source file seems fine. It looks like the DSP volume after the poly that is ruining it?
Press the green star next to it and it will explain.

1 Like

You can’t use Poly internal volume and DSD at the same time, Poly must be set to roon DSD and only Mojo must control volume for DSD.

1 Like

It says a digital volume adjustment has been applied to the stream… does Roon dsd need to be on to make the signal path higher quality?… it’s very mind boggling…

No, it’s not. It’s an AAC (lossy) file, and this is the source of the low quality.

1 Like

Yes good point - I should have seen that.

Hi Martin… Do you know how I can change this?… I don’t know where I’m going wrong as I’m playing an mqa playlist on Tidal through roon so I’d have thought the file would be higher quality?…

Assuming you have TIDAL Hi-Fi, make sure this is set up correctly in Roon: go to Settings > Services > TIDAL and make sure you set Streaming Quality to the highest tier.

Ah!… it was set on high and not hifi! Thank you… such a simple setting when you know how! :wink:

2 Likes

In MPD server mode I’m getting some bad static when playing files off the SD card. Unusable.

Have tried multiple SD cards. Different apps (Glider, Soundirok). Mojo 1 and Mojo 2. Same static hissing.

Particularly noticeable when no music is playing.

I’ve read others say the SD card sound is the best so wondering if my Poly SD card slot has an issue?

I have never had static from the SD card that I can remember and I play from it a lot. I have had my phone and other electronic devices too close which has resulted in a lot of noise or hiss, possibly from the wifi?

I used my Poly Mojo with Glider, and I’ve never experienced a problem like this*. What headphones are you driving? Otherwise, it may indicate a problem with the Poly.

*Interference from the mobile occasionally if placed too close to the Poly.

Any resolution to this issue. I have the same issue when playing sd cards. Its not too noticeable when music is playing but very noticeable when the music stops.

1 Like

I’ve run into this problem on multiple Poly units and multiple SD cards. No resolution unfortunately.

You could try without wifi connection, controlled with the gofigure app over bluetooth to check if it’s a wifi issue.