Looking for some help with my setup.
I run a Chord MScaler connected to a Hugo TT2 for my Roon setup.
About once a day the the MScaler disconnects from my Mac (connected via USB). The disconnect happens in Roon. I will try to play a track, and Roon will show it as playing, but no sound will be played. After about 5 seconds, Roon moves to the next track and tries to play that without showing an error. All the time, the audio zone in Roon shows as my Chord setup.
If I use other applications at that point to check for the presence of the Chord set up on the USB bus (e.g. the MacOS MIdiSetup tool), that tool hangs for about a minute and then shows no audio devices.
If I exit Roon and restart, when Roon returns the audio zone for the Chord stack is no longer present. If I look at devices on in the Roon setup, there are no devices present on my Mac, not even System Output.
A powercycle of the Chord stack does nothing to remedy. Using a developer tool to reset the USB bus on the Mac does nothing to remedy. Only a full reboot of the Mac fixes this.
This problem only occurs with Roon. If I use the native MacOS Qobuz app I don’t get this issue.
Some more details of my setup
- MacBook Pro 16" 2019 (running Big Sur 11.0.1, but also had the issue several versions of Catalina ago)
- Blackmagic Pro eGPU (connected via thunderbolt to MacBook Pro - lastest firmware Dec 2019)
- Chord MScaler (connected to eGPU via USB)
- Chord Hugo TT2 (connect to MScaler via Dual BNC)
- Roon Remote on the Mac (Version 1.7 build 667)
- Roon Core on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS on an Intel NUC