Chord Quest will not initialize

Hi. I have just installed a Sonictransporter I5 in my system and I’m trying to set up Roon but I cannot initialize my Chord Qutest DAC as an end point. Every time I try I get “Device Initialization Failed”.
The Sonictransporter is plugged directly into the Qutest via USB and in the list of devices in the audio tab it appears as ASIO Chord 1.5.
I rebooted the Sonictransporter and the Qutest but that did not help. I have the latest version of Roon running (1.6 build 401).
Thanks.

Hi @Alex_Guindon,

Does the Qutest work outside of Roon using the same USB cable? Have you verified that the Qutest is powered on and has the correct input selected prior to trying to enable it on the SonicTransporter? Have you tried different USB ports and the issue is still the same?

Thanks,
Noris

Hi. Yes, I have checked all that. Actually the Qutest was working fine when I was running Roon from my main desktop computer (Windows 10), although I did have to download the Windows driver from Chord’s website for it to work properly.
But when I received my Sonictransport and switched my Roon Core to it, I could not enable to Qutest.
Thanks.

Hi @Alex_Guindon,

What mode is your SonicTransporter in? Is it in Roon Ready mode or something else? You can navigate to http://www.sonicorbiter.com/ -> App Switcher to verify the mode. Please let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Noris

Hi,
I cannot find the App Switcher tab or link anywhere on the page. I se an Apps tab that shows me that I have Roon server installed and where I can run a diagnostic from, but that’s it. Also i have not installed any other app on the Sonictransporter. In case I’m pretty sure it is in Roon mode since I can use Roon in other zones. It’s just the Qutest that will not initialize.

Hi @Alex_Guindon,

Thanks for letting me know that info. Hmm, and you are sure that you have the Qutest powered on with the correct input before attempting to enable it in Settings -> Audio?

Although there shouldn’t be any special settings you need to make here, I am not sure if there is any other reported issues with Quetest and SonicTransporter, I’m going to flag @agillis down here to see if he can provide any other info since as you mention the Quetest works as expected on another Core.

Thanks,
Noris

The App Switcher is only available on a player such as the microRendu or ultraRendu.

You have a server so it will just show up as a local audio device in Roon.

If you are still having issues I can take a look from remote. Click on the “contact us” button on smallgreencomputer.com

1 Like

Hi. Well, in the end I have purchased a MicroRendu from Small Green Computers. That solved the issue nicely! I still don’t know why the Qutest did not initialize, but it is now a moot point.

Thanks for you help.

Alex

1 Like

Great! Using a Rendu player will improve your sound quite a bit as well.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.