Chromecast a Roon endpoint

1 Like

OK, but what about sound quality, assuming that the 24/96 limit is no problem? How does the S/PDIF output from a Chromecast Audio w/ iFi power and UGreen connector compare to my Allo DigiOne?

I made a topic about that. I think two people have tried the UGreen connector.

I have used it.
Very positive experience with a Hugo 2 described here.
Less positive with an older DAC, which may be more sensitive to jitter, described earlier intact thread.
Also commented on the infuriating setup.

I have also Allo DigiOne with SPDIF out and compared it with the Chromcast Audio over the optical out.
The Allo DigiOne sounded much better, cleaner and more dynamic. With the Chromecast I had even occasionally dropouts with 24/96

Hi, for some reason, Roon is not seeing my Chromecast and Chromecast Audio devices…I did some research and it appears that Roon uses the similar code as VLC to discover the Chromecast devices and I find that when running VLC, It also does not detect my Chromecast devices. however, “official” Google apps like YouTube and also Spotify can see the Chromecast devices and can stream to them without issue. Any ideas? Thanks!

Hello. I am using CCA with the Schiit Modi 3 through the optical output and feed that into Yamaha amp and then up to some fine speakers. I hardwire the CCA into the router by a RJ45. No exaggeration to say completely awesome- I have no need to update my system no dropouts and sound quality is great. Am a fan!