Chromecast Audio devices appearing and disappearing

I’m also having a similar issue with wifi connected Chromecast Audio devices appearing and disappearing. I can see this happening when looking at the Settings → Audio page. The issue has been constant since I upgraded to 880. I have uploaded my logs.

2 Likes

Hey @Robohips,

Thanks for sharing this and sorry about the trouble.

Would you please use this article as a guide to share more details about your network and setup?

Also, while we got your logs, could you please share one or more timestamps (local date and time) when the devices disappeared?

Roon Core Machine

Intel NUC I5 / Windows 10 / 16GB’s of RAM

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Wifi is over a Telstra Smart Modem Gen2 (Arcadyan LH1000)

Connected Audio Devices

WiFi - 4 Chromecast Audio devices
Ethernet - microRendu > Chord Hugo2

Number of Tracks in Library

70,000 stored on an ASUSTOR NAS

Description of Issue

Since the 880 update, the Chrome Audio devices constantly disappear and reappear in the list of audio devices. Looking at the Settings>Audio screen I can see this behaviour several times a minute.
This is only affecting the WiFi devices, the ethernet microRendu is not affected.

Local timestamp 2021-12-17T13:00:00Z
I’ve uploaded the latest logs as at this time.

1 Like

Hey @Robohips,

Thanks a whole lot for uploading logs :pray:

Since I’ve just returned to work after being away for the holidays, I just saw your latest post. Before moving forward, I was wondering, are your Chromecast devices still in the same state? Has there been any change?

Thanks Rebeka, the 884 update has fixed this issue.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.