Chromecast frozen a few seconds into track - playing other tracks does not change display

Hi it was running OpenMediaVault a linux os. However I have given up on this idea and am trialing unraid.

Dipping into the deep and wonderful world of dockers I’ll let you know how it goes.

1 Like

Well raising this one from the dead as the problem is back. happy to send logs, see from doing a search I am not the only one.

Running the server in windows 10. Plays a few seconds of a song then the display freezes and it cannot be unfroze until the roon server is restarted.

Hi @Gareth_Irwin,

I haven’t seen any new reports of this behavior recently, except for this one. Did this issue subside for a while and it just recently started occurring again? Was anything in the setup changed recently?

Hi noris.

I think it has to do with processor load at the time. For sure I am running this in a new VM under windows, and it also has to be said last time I experienced it, it was with a standard PC running windows. UNder linux (OMV) no such issues)

That being said it has not done it for a couple of days now, I has it running most cores on the music check so perhaps that was it.

Hi @Gareth_Irwin,

Was this on Roon build 511? There were quite a few changed in between Roon v1.6 to Roon 1.7 (build 511), so that might have factored into the equation too.

If you just set up the new VM, it’s possible that the heavy load of scanning new files/importing caused some strange behavior, but it’s hard to say for sure.

If this issue happens again, I would verify if it also occurs outside of a VM environment on the newest build.