Chromecast Grouped Speakers Not All Playing

I’m trying to play grouped Chromecast speakers. I have four RIVA Wand wireless speakers that have Chromecast built it and one AudioEngine powered speaker connected via a Chromecast Audio device. All devices show up in my Google Home “device.” All devices play but the Chromecast Audio connected device.

Suggestions to fix this problem are welcomed.

Hi @Johnnie_Pearson ---- Thank you for the feedback and sorry to hear of the troubles!

Moving forward, to help aide in our evaluation of this behavior you are experiencing may I kindly ask you to please provide the following:

1. Provide a brief but accurate description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

2. Just to clarify, no issues if you use the the AudioEngine + Chromecast Audio zone by itself, correct? The issue only occurs when it is in a group with the 4 RIVA wireless speakers?

3. How do things perform in a small group, for example 1 RIVA speaker + the Chromecast Audio zone?

4. While it may seem elementary :innocent: since noticing this behavior I assume you’ve already rebooted your core and the endpoints, correct?

Thanks!

In response to your questions:

#1 Answers

• what version of Roon you are running: Roon Version 1.5 (Build 363) 64bit
  • What operating system you are running: innuOS v1.4.1
  • Basic information about the device you’re using: Innous Zenith MKII (Roon Core)
  • Describe where your music is stored: Innous Zenith MKII USB connection to MyTek Liberty DAC with RCA interconnects to NAD M12 pre/DAC. The M12 has a BluOS Module
  • Let us know your collection size: 16,100 tracks
    #2 - Correct
    #3 - No matter the configuration, the Chromecast Audio zone will not play with any grouped speakers
    #4 - Correct (more than once :slight_smile:)

Describe Your Network

• What router are you using? Verizon FIOS (WAN) and DHCP Server, and Netgear Orbi WAP
  • Is there any other networking hardware involved? LinkSys 24 port switch and Netgear 8 port Pro-switch
  • Is everything wired, wireless, or is there a mix of wired and wireless gear? Wired to Zenith MKII wireless to RIVA and Chromecast speakers

Describe Your Media

• What format and type of file are you trying to play? Tidal - High Res and MQA. Zenith MKII - FLAC, WAV, DSD, and M4A
  • Does this issue happen with all files or just some? All
  • Where did the media come from? Did you rip it or convert yourself, or did you purchase it somewhere? All but WAV purchased, WAV files were ripped from vinyl. I have less than 200 WAV files and have not tried to play any.

Describe Your Output

1 Like

Do other sources play to all the speakers when they’re grouped? Like if you play from the TIDAL app, or any other Chromecast source besides Roon?

Mike,

I’m embarrassed to admit it :blush:, the problem was me. While all devices showed up in Google Home, I had not specifically added the new Chromecast Audio device to the “Home” group. Lesson learned. Everything is now working fine!!

Now I can spend time learning Roon (and enjoying the music) :sunglasses:. Thanks for your help (and patience).

Best Regards,

Johnnie

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.