Chromecast not showing up [Resolved - Router firmware update]

Hey I ran out and bought a Chromecast 2 after receiving the email about chromecast support. I updated to build 334 and got the chromecast setup on my network and I can cast to it with devices including my core using youtube or Tidal. I can’t seem to figure out how to cast to it with Roon though, I go to the Audio tab in settings and it doesn’t show up in networked devices. Is there something else I need to do? Sorry if this is a dumb question.

Thanks for reaching out, @Tim_Wilson!

May I ask that you please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

If you haven’t already, try rebooting your Core machine and the Chromecast device as well.

Thanks,
Dylan

The link reminded me to update my router firmware and now everything is working fine. Thank you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.