Chromecasts gone missing?

Same problem here after the update. The weird thing is that my Chromecasts (3 of them) all disappeared from Google Home, too. I had to factory reset them and then re-register. Even then my Roon core was seeing them and if I played a track the little volume “bar chart” next to the device was rising and falling but no sound emerged from the system. After several reboots of the system and the wi-fi network, I’ve got it to work but it seems temperamental. My Roon radio stations will play one moment and then they won’t.
Is there a way to roll back to the previous version of Roon? I was perfectly happy with that!

PS: My Chromecasts are not grouped.

Hi @Margaret_Charlton,

It’s best to troubleshoot issues individually, so I have split your post into it’s own thread.

Can you please provide some more information regarding your setup + chromecast models by using this thread as a guide?

Downgrading versions of Roon is not supported but we can certainly look into this issue on the new build and investigate what is going wrong.

As I mentioned in the thread I split you from, I am using two Chromecasts (Ultra + Built-in TV) on my end, so I believe this issue could be environmental.

Hi, and thanks for the reply. I really don’t have time to jump through all your hoops. The facts speak for themselves. Since the update something has broken with Chromecast audio (NB: not the same Chromecast devices that you use). If I have my Roon core running and then power up one of my CCA devices my wireless connection immediately goes haywire. I have to reboot the machine running the Roon core because my router disappears. If, on the other hand, I close Roon and all of its processes, the CCA has no affect on my wireless network. Everything was working perfectly before the update and I haven’t changed a single thing on my core computer or any of my Roon remotes.
I’m sure there will be others reporting this problem and it will be solved. If, by some chance, I’m the only one, I’ll send you my reports.
Best regards,
Margaret.

I’m getting the same thing since the latest update. The Roon team seem determined to pretend it isn’t happening.
I’ve reinstalled my core and my remotes. I’ve reset my router, Hell, I’ve actually REPLACED my router, but the issues persist.
None of this had ever happened before the update and I’ve had my Roon setup working flawlessly for over a year!

Hi @Margaret_Charlton,

I’ve moved your post into the existing thread so that we have all the information in one place.

Further, I just checked in with our hardware team and they have tested the Chromecast Audio we have in the lab, and there are no issues to report.

How exactly did you reinstall the Core? I would try this full reinstall procedure:

• Make a Backup of your current Roon Database
  • Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Reinstall the Roon App from our Downloads Page to generate a new Roon folder

What router model/manufacturer do you have?
Is it an ISP provided one?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.