Ciao Roon/ Qobuz: Qobuz library disappeared (again)

In June there was a problem with the Qobuz library not showing up on Roon anymore. This time, it’s half of the my library that has gone up in smoke. The albums are still in Qobuz favorites, but they don’t show up in my Roon library. Most significantly, that also means that my tags have been deleted (re those Qobuz albums that have vanished). I use Roon primarily for library management purposes, so I find this unacceptable.
I use Qobuz because of Roon (for classical music, compared to Apple Music, Idagio, and Primephonic , Qobuz is deficient – major labels missing, tracks on certain albums unavailable, etc.). Now, if Roon has problems with managing Qobuz, what’s the point of subscribing to Qobuz? And then, what’s the point of continuing my subscription to Roon, as I only stream?
I’ll be looking for alternatives to Roon/Qobuz – probably Apple Music + Idagio. Just can’t be bothered to re-tag all those missing albums after restoring them manually.
I’ll be checking back in with Roon once they offer more streaming choices. In my case at least, the Qobuz deal is off. It’s a real pity, because Roon gets so many things right. But this is becoming a streaming world, and it’s about time that Roon should wake up to that fact. Too many alternatives. Can’t afford to get essentials wrong.

Not sure what’s going on with your setup. Sorry to hear it’s happend again I would be very frustrated. I was never affected by this issue at all and all my library is still intact. Will be interesting to find out what is causing this that’s for sure. Hope they sort it out for you.

Qobuz disappeared for me in Roon earlier this week. Logging out and in again to the Qobuz service in Roon brought it back. It was annoying though and I hope Roon can find out what was causing it.

Tried that, but nothing happening. The missing albums don’t show up in my library. As I’ve said, the problem is not so much those albums going missing (even though it is annoying), as I can put them back in the library manually — it’s the tagging that gets messed up. And that’s a lot of work, which I don’t think I want to do. Because who’s to assure me that the problem won’t happen again, and then I will have to start all over again?
I’m inclined to think that the fault lies with Qobuz. I’ve been with Qobuz for many years, and I just don’t see that they’re really interested in improving their app. Take Qobuz Carplay for instance — it’s been available for two or three years, and it’s still a Beta version at best.
Now that there are alternatives to Qobuz re classical music streaming, I will drop Qobuz. Too many glitches and no sign of progress. Unfortunately, that also means that I will have to drop Roon, as I refuse to sign up with Tidal. Far too expensive compared to other services; it’s not about the money as such, but I don’t like being taken for a schmuck.
So, PLEASE, Roon — get other streaming services on board!

Same with me. As in june, most of my Qobuz Library is disappeared. No idea/Check if this is also true for TIDAL.

So, forget upgrades ! Hopefully, this failure becomes repaired much faster than last time. Unfortunately, i have a lifetime Abo. So no chance to do anything against Those repeated upgrade failures. I am absolutely dissatisfied about such a poor performance of the upgrade team

2 posts were split to a new topic: Qobuz Albums Missing from Library (Again)

A post was split to a new topic: Qobuz Albums Missing, and Can’t Connect to NAS

A post was merged into an existing topic: Qobuz Albums Missing, and Can’t Connect to NAS

Sorry for the trouble here, @Poseidon77!

Our team is looking into this with Qobuz. Can you confirm how many albums total were favorited in Qobuz, and how many are missing in Roon?

I’ll also follow up with a PM. Thanks!

1 Like

At the very least 400 albums. Thanks for replying and looking into this.

Regarding your missing tags: When it happened in June, it was “just” the Qobuz syncing that failed. The tags and other metadata edits are on your local Roon Core. Back in June, as soon as the albums were synced back in from Qobuz, all the edits, tag, etc. were reapplied completely automatically.

I have 1229 albums in Qobuz favourites, but only 514 show up in my Roon Library.

Thanks, @Poseidon77. We’ll be posting future updates here: