Classical composer empty as hell if it’s not Mozart

Hi
I have a complain how you handle classical metadata. From where are you getting you’re information. I am not a standard listener. So it’s not the top 100 classical composers or albums. I have hundreds of ripped classical cds roon doesn’t know anything about them. Often even after manual search…
Songkong or others know them. The tip of the iceberg is my composer page…
No picture no information…???

To a large extend composer pictures are missing, that is unfortunately true. But you can add photos yourself after which it will look more like this:

As to where you get them from: Well, I mostly use Google, see what pics are available and then copy the link in. Where that doesnt work, I safe the pic to the hard drive and then import into Roon.

Select Composer >> Edit… >> Add Picture

Thanks I know that already… a little bit too much handwork…I think these kind of database metadata service is what we pay for in Roon. Just look at the advertisement…classical music is a difficult topic-for sure. But this information exists. It’s a question whom you pay money for licensing pictures and information…Madonna is easy…

1 Like

Oh I know. I no longer look at their marketing stuff. :rofl: :rofl:

Its unfortunately often not matching with “real life” realities :innocent:

That’s very true…but one of the main reasons for a lifetime purchase was…
a neat surface for all my music, better tagged and more information than the original implemented metadata, otherwise I could have stayed with audirvana and co. Soundquality was never a horse roon wanted to ride- happily they implemented Hqplayer…all should be easy and they say from themself lately - they like to creates great and easy user experience…
and I like to Love roon.
Many things not getting better over the years…maybe it’s better looking and more compatible with divers hardware, but the core feature- good track/disc-Information and reviews and so on are very slowly progressing…and some things even get worse…over the time it’s a hate Love.

2 Likes

Are you aware that SongKong can extract artist images for composers/artist ectera from Wikipedia and then put them all in a single folder so can be relatively easy added to Roon - Adding Missing Artist Photographs for Roon - SongKong with Roon - SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Thanks… I know…but I think this has to be solved by Roon…that’s what they advertised and what we pay for…Roon tagging information outside the box …hassle-free-stable, great looking, with a lot of information-specifically for classical…

We are far away from this experience…

2 Likes

Apart from that wikipedia is not a good source for artist pictures to start with in most cases. Often mugshots, poor resolution etc…

Thats for Classical. Cant talk for other genres that I dont know anything about.

1 Like