Classical composers vs "Classical" composers

So-- I would like to browse my classical library by composer and then by album (not track). When I click on composers and then focus on classical, I get many people who aren’t classical at all but may have some classical sub tag-- e.g. Paul McCartney and many others. Is there some way to limit things to actual classical composers?

2 Likes

I noticed the exact same thing yesterday - trying to find the right way to “browse” my classical music. Are there any responses from Roon? I am still in my trial. Even iTunes has better mechanics to browse.

Hi @Jamie_Smith. Some great changes are coming to Classical in version 1.3. However, if you know the composer that you want to browse, you can do this now in Roon 1.2.

Go to the album browser (Menu -> Albums) and click the focus button. On the right hand side of the focus bar, you are able to focus on one or more composers (and/or performers).

That seems to work a bit better than the way I was doing it, thanks!

1 Like

The ‘Menu > Album . Focus’ method works, and an interesting view. It’s rather a roundabout way though. Why not just add a ‘Sort By Album’ selection to ‘Main Menu > Composers > select composer > Composer > sort by’? It’s much more straightforward imo.