Classical compositions broken on 1.8?[Acknowledged]

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

TEXT GOES HERE

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

TEXT GOES HERE

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

TEXT GOES HERE

Description Of Issue
When using My Library - Compositions to find a work I have encountered the following bug.
Classical composition show as the correct length of the whole work but only the first part is selected and plays!
From the album view it is still possible to select all parts of the work correctly.

Can you describe exact steps you do ( if you could illustrate those, it would be better) ? Also can you make a screenshot of the track listing of the album details for the composition which is failing?

If I select Composer (as in Image 1) then select a composer, for example Beethoven, and highlight Compositions (as in Image 2) and then pick out, for example, Symphony No. 5 (as in Image 3) and then choose a performance by Carlos Kleiber (see Image 4) it shows the correct length of the performance. However clicking on ‘Play’ only plays one track not the whole composition (Image 5). However by clicking on ‘Appears on’ (Image 6) I then get the complete complete work to play (Image 7).
The whole album displays as in Image 8.
I hope that this helps.
Thank you for your support and I think that overall 1.8 is a great improvement for someone with a large classical collection.

1 Like

Yeah, I can reproduce. This feels like a bug. As workaround you can left-click on a composition and pick ‘Play Now’ from the dropdown - it should play entire composition

1 Like

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.