Classical Music and Roon (very long post)

I typically use dbpoweramp when I rip.

dbpoweramp does not use gracenote either so virtually all of the same problems exist as when using Roon.

Gracenote is the only source that reliably provides the most hits for classical music.

I think that many of the new classical releases, especially the big box sets are international releases, so I’m not sure AMG has the rights to these. Yet, this is the reality of the current classical music market.

This goes for of the big box sets from Universal Classics. Sony Classical and Warner Classics – the biggies in the Classical market.

I’d just check that Sonata is enabled in the list of metadata providers. It has been a while since I looked but I remember having to manually enable them in addition to the default 4 providers.

Yes, I am aware of this, but it makes no difference

1 Like

With the Stravinsky set I ended up opening each CD in iTunes, getting the metadata from Gracenote and then copying and pasting it across to XLD to do the ripping. It was a bit long winded but the metadata didn’t need a lot of tidying up afterwards.

I should say though that I’m not a complete obsessive about metadata and am happy to accept that provided by Roon in most cases.