Classical Music Type

Even when I edit the period to use conventional “Classical” periods like Early Romantic in Media Center, Roon does not treat the data correctly with a period tag. This is not really Roon’s fault as I can not find an idv3 tag “period”. Can I create one in Roon?" Period is supported in the JRiver product I am using, Media Center.

JRiver supports custom tags so you can create anything Roon can’t be added to

I also have my library in JRiver

Roon doesn’t support period that I know of, you can only adjust tags thatRoon sees and even then it may ignore them , it’s a bit wooly as to what Roon sees, it pulls metadata from various sources , Allmusic, MusicBrainz etc

Classical is Roons weak suit

In JRiver your mix composer will show as 2 composers with tracks separated by composer

Roon will show the entire album

Thanks. I understand that classical listeners are a very small percentage of the users of Roon, JRiver, and other products. I think if I had one wish, it would be for Roon to support idv3 tags and allow their editing. Allow users to create bookmarks based on any selection of these idv3 fields. I know that won’t happen, just dreaming

Here is a link to one study. I think it underreports classical, but it is not unique. In this study, classical does not even show up:sleepy:

I think I have something that will “mostly” work for me. That is the composition view IF, I can add genre to that view. Can I do that? It looks like the rest of Roon, the choices are hard coded: