Clicks and Pops on New 7i5 NUC

I think I saw windows 10 install a display driver specific to the nuc board, but I didn’t see anything go past for USB, and I didn’t add anything in proactively.

Have you tried playing with the fan settings in the bios? There’s quite a bit of scope for making it quieter and some helpful posts on this topic via Google - I’m away from mine atm but happy to share settings to see if that helps at all. That said, mine is away from my listening space so I may just tune it out.

Yes, found that yesterday and set it to ‘Quiet’ - and it does seem an improvement. And normally this box should not have much load. Would be interested to see what you’ve got set.

Twice while it was indexing I came to it and front panel light was blinking red. Haven’t determined yet if that means system was in sleep mode, or was forced to suspend from running too hot.

Side note - impressed so far with what a good windows box this makes :slight_smile: But I won’t load any applications other than browsers, to make sure it retains its music focus as main threads.

Configurable colours here.
If the red flash was two seconds on two seconds off then it was in sleep mode, blink and beep codes here.

1 Like

Awesome thanks - I can have fun playing with this :slight_smile:

Sorry Michael, turns out to be slightly less straightforward to share my settings than I thought, as there’s no convenient monitor! However if my memory serves me right, I may have taken them from this thread - https://communities.intel.com/thread/119723 . I’ll try to take a look properly when I have more time to unplug things and move them around.

Excellent - this fellow looks like he has tried a lot of options - I’ll try this :slight_smile: