Close Roon to tray [Windows]

Is there an option to close Roon to tray instead of the taskbar on Windows? I think this is especially useful on Windows endpoints just used as a remote control device. If there is I can’t find it. :slight_smile:

Not for the “All-in-one” version of Roon. Roon Server is designed for use in the Tray. You could install Roon Server and use that as your Core, and just keep the All-in-one Roon as your Control (UI) component if you wish. Then you can set up a queue and close Roon, and the Server would keep running and play your music…

That’s not a workaround for endpoints, but for Roon Core on a Windows PC.

I’m looking for the “close to tray” function on my Windows notebook used as a Roon Remote. I’m already using the Roon Server. Smells like a new feature request. :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Dennis.

1 Like

PCs which are just endpoints and running RoonBridge, like RoonServer, live in the tray and not the taskbar.

Yes, I get that. I would like a “minimize to tray” / “close to tray”, like the Spotify or Tidal client, when using Roon on Windows.

Yes, it does.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.