Cocktail Audio N15D - Not always appearing in Roon

I have a similar (i think, but feel free to move my post if not) issue with my cocktail audio n15d which often seems to either lose connection to the network, or goes into conflict with the n15ds own app which then leads to Roon no longer being able to see the N15d as a Raat device but rather only via airplay.

Hi @Dans,

I have split your post so that I can better assist.

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Also, are you using the latest firmware on the N15D?

Thanks noris.

So it’s back and I think a simple turning on and off solved the problem, but I don’t want to believe that!

I do have the new firmware, and also the latest android app, an apk download from their site. What I think I did wrong was to have Roon playing tunes via the N15d and without shutting Roon down, or at least stopping it, then start to play around with the new app which offers the option to stream Amazon Music and thereby creating a conflict - the two cannot play together, obviously, and I think that’s the mistake I made. That said, I don’t want to try and reproduce this scenario for fear of it not being solved by a simple on and off switching. But, I guess I will…give me time.

So I tried to reproduce and could. As soon as I start using the new music x neo app to stream via Amazon, I can only switch back to Roon if I switch off the n15d first. A bit annoying really.

Hi @Dans,

Thanks for letting me know that you can reproduce. I will inquire with the hardware team to see if this is expected behavior, but can I please request that you reproduce this issue and let me know the exact local time + date in your country when you observe it occur? E.g. 5:18PM on 12/3/19? This will be useful in case we need to take a look at diagnostics, thanks!

So, at 1937 on 10 Dec I started the Novatron Neo Music X app and streamed Pearl Jam via Amazon through my N15d. As is always the case, on exiting the app, Roon no longer recognised the N15d as a RAAT device. I restarted the N15d at 1939, and opened Roon but could still not find the N15d as a RAAT device. I shutdown and restarted Roon and at 1944 I restarted Roon and the N15d is again available as a RAAT device.

Hi @Dans,

Thank you for providing those timestamps. Now that I have this information, I have gone ahead and enabled diagnostics mode for your account and what this action will do is next time your Core is active, a set of logs will automatically be generated and uploaded to our servers for analysis.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.