Coil (band): several members are mentioned three times

Content you’re reporting an issue with

Several, but not all, members of the group Coil are mentioned three times, as can be seen on this screenshot.

Have you made any edits to this content in Roon?

Is the album identified in Roon?

Is this content from local files, TIDAL, or Qobuz?

Screenshot of import settings

Description of the issue

Not here, did you restart your controller?

Weird…. I restarted Roon Server, restarted the Roon Remote on my iPad, restarted the whole Sonicorbiter.
On my iPad, the members are still mentioned three times, but not on my Android phone, on which the members appear only once both in Roon Remote and Roon Arc.

Clear the cache on the iPad, or reinstall the controller?
Seems a cache issue anyways. :slight_smile:

The iPad of my girlfriend has the same issue, so it can’t be just my device.

Well, worth trying out still, not a big effort?
Or try to clear the Image cache:

I’m a bit curious also, since your screen dump is showing another picture of Peter C, have you edited Artist piccies manually?

I reinstalled Roon Remote, and this made no change. (Is there a way to save personal settings for Roon Remote? Like play actions, sort orders etc.?)

EDIT:
I did indeed change some artist’s pictures. This was done long time ago… I almost forgot.

Hmmm, they are completely missing in Coil for me (B1180 earlyaccess macOS):

None on Android phone either.
(I don’t have any Coil in my library but I don’t think this should make a difference)

And now that you mention it, they seem to be gone nearly everywhere for me. The people linked in the albums reviews were also shown to the right and now I can’t find any album where they are:

They are there in some artist bios:

But in many others they are missing or seem incomplete:

My impression is that this is a Core-storing part? There are a few functions that are localized in the iPad app, but most settings seem to be stored in the Core.

Bump…
This is still not solved. It’s the only group in my library with which a thing like this happened.

Probably a low priority right now.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hey @Arlen,

A few questions for you:

Were you logged into the same account, and same profile, on the same network when this happened?

Can you provide more information here? If you undo these edits, does the same issue apply?

Thanks!

Thanks for re-opening this issue, Ben.

Yes, same account, same profile, same network. It’s also shown on my laptop with Windows 10 enterprise.
In the meantime, I bought a new iPad, on which the same issue appears.

As you can see here, I once changed or added a photo for John Balance. The others were untouched.

Just now, I changed this to the Valence option, but the triple individual problems persists:

Hey @Arlen,

Very interesting! I’d like to see how things look on a fresh Roon database. Steps to follow below:

• Make a Backup of your current RoonServer Database
  • Exit out of RoonServer
  • Navigate to your RoonServer’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “RoonServer”
  • Rename the “RoonServer” folder to “RoonServer_old”
  • Reinstall the RoonServer App from our Downloads Page to generate a new RoonServer folder
  • On the Roon Remotes, press “Use another Core” and connect to the new database

I’ll be on standby for your reply. :+1:

Thanks for your help, @benjamin !

I use a server running Sonicorbiter software. Could you please confirm that I am doing this the correct way?

I have exposed the Roon databse in the Sonicorbiter settings like this:

After that, I can see these files using the documents app on my iPad (I don’t have a laptop at home right now… I will take this home from work next weekend).

Is it the folder called RoonServerDB that I should rename?

Hey @Arlen,

Yes thats correct! Did you make a recent backup before moving forward? Let me know how it goes.

Thanks Ben, I’ll try it out this weekend when I’m back home.

Hi Ben,
I tried to rename the folder, but on my Sonicorbiter i cannot change the name of it. I can change the name of any other folder inside of it, but the name of the root folder RoonServerDB cannot be changed.