Common problems (Nucleus & Tidal) but what's the solution?

Nucleus

In searching I can see that dozens have had this issue but no solution jumps out. When using Roon Nucleus and Tidal, I get error message saying “too many failures” Does not happen on my Muso or iphone. Have tried all the suggested re-logins etc. And, no, my credit card has not expired.

HI @Dave_Griffith,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Does this issue happen for multiple audio zones or just one in particular? Is the Nucleus connected directly to the router?

NetGear 90 modem connected to Spectrum cable
Nucleus hardwired to modem
Zone 1; Naim Muso2 - also hardwired to modem

• Tidal works fine using the Naim software directly
    “too many failures” if I run it from Roon
    Zone 2: KEF 50 Wireless -connected via wireless home network (not hardwired)
  • Roon works fine for stored albums, internet radio etc
  • Tidal gives “too many failures” message

appreciate the help

Solved it! Not a Roon issue but a Tidal. Even though I changed my email years ago and have been paying under the new account, Tidal still thinks of me in terms of the prior email. When I logged in using that within Roon - problem solved!

1 Like

Fantastic news @Dave_Griffith!
Do let us know if you run into other issues.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.