Compatibility with HIFIROSE RS250

I am having an issue getting my RS250 to play in Roon. I know they are supposed to be compatible, but It simply does not work. If I turn on Roon without having the RS250 powered on, it works just fine; however, the second I power on the RS250, the Roon starts telling me there is no connection to the core and is stuck in a continuous loop of looking for it. I originally thought this was because the RS250 and the roon were both pointed to my shares on my NAS drive, which is where all of my music live, but I deleted the database/removed the share from the RS250 and It still didn’t work. Is there some configuration I am overlooking here?

Hey @Tracy_Jefferson,

Thanks for taking the time to write in, and my apologies for the delay in following up!

After reviewing your account, it does look like you’ve been successful in connecting your RS250 to your core. Can you confirm this?

If you’re still running into issues, can you provide more information on how your RS250 is connected to your core? Have you tried connecting via USB?

We’ll also need you to fill out additional details on your full system setup:

Roon Core Machine

Include your operating system and machine info (Model, CPU, RAM)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Your network gear (model of routers/switches) and if on WiFi/Ethernet

Connected Audio Devices

Specify what devices you’re using and their connection types, like USB/HDMI/Chromecast, etc.)

Number of Tracks in Library

Tell us how large your music library is, eg. “30,000 tracks”

Description of Issue

Tell us about the problem you’re having in as much detail as possible. Screenshots are always appreciated!

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.