Complete List of Roon Extensions [Available]

Is there a complete and comprehensive list of ALL the Roon Extensions?

2 Likes

Not to my knowledge. I check https://github.com/search?p=1&q=roon-extensions&type=Repositories from time to time, just because I imagine that any developer who writes roon extensions will post them there.

Iā€™m curious to find out if there are any more!

1 Like

If this is something Roon supports, it would make sense for them to at least create a sticky with a list of Extensions. Not mandatory but more like common courtesy.

To go a step above, why not have them listed ā€˜In Roonā€™ so users can just enable them ie install them from Roon.

Donā€™t treat the Extensions like a Step-Child.:persevere:

2 Likes

I agree it would be useful to have some list of extensions inactive development.

If nothing more it might stop a duplicate of effort by people seeking to make an extension. I mean, there are so many reasons why Roon needs to get on the ball and take care of thisā€¦

I started a community project to simplify extension distribution. The Extension Repository doesnā€™t include all that is available but I try to get as many as possible in.

There are two primary methods for extension distribution, the first is source level distribution via npm/GitHub, the second is ā€œpackageā€ distribution via DockerHub. The Extension Manager currently only supports the first method but I am working on an update to also support Docker containers, allowing more extensions to be included.

I might repurpose the Repository page of the Wiki, to list all existing extensions and provide at least a link if it is not directly supported by the manager. Would like to hear if this is considered useful. Alternative location would be the Roon Knowledge Baseā€¦

2 Likes

I created one!

https://github.com/TheAppgineer/roon-extension-manager/wiki/Extension-Repository

I think that it is pretty complete, but if one is missing and should be added, just let me know.

9 Likes

This is helpful, thanks Jan!

2 Likes

I updated the extension list as there have been some new ones recently.

1 Like

A new extension for Surface Dial :

Not yet, but rooDial will come soon. Still testing in my home in production environment.
Thanks for the hint

Hereā€™s my favourite extension by far. Roon remote for the Apple TV. Loving it.

Now it is available, see here

The extension list has been updated again, quite a few new ones since the previous update:

• Apple TV
  • Entrypoints
  • Home Assistant
  • Queue Bot
  • rooDial
  • TAG McLaren Audio Source Control

There are now 26 extensions in the Extension Repository and a total of 34 extensions listed!

CC: @DrCWO, @Geoff_Coupe

2 Likes

Hi,

If you want to you can add this one to your list, it was created around a year or so ago as a fork from another extension.

Hi Jan,
I have a new Roon Extension for your list. Thanks for entering it :slight_smile:
rooUPnP: Finally a Roon Extension for UPnP Streamers - Audio Products - Roon Labs Community

1 Like

Included in list.

1 Like

Stupid question but if i run my core on a small green computer how do i go about installing extensions?

Hi @Hugo_Sharp

Best DrCWO

2 Likes