Complete List of Roon Extensions

(Edward) #1

Is there a complete and comprehensive list of ALL the Roon Extensions?

Not to my knowledge. I check https://github.com/search?p=1&q=roon-extensions&type=Repositories from time to time, just because I imagine that any developer who writes roon extensions will post them there.

I’m curious to find out if there are any more!

(Edward) #3

If this is something Roon supports, it would make sense for them to at least create a sticky with a list of Extensions. Not mandatory but more like common courtesy.

To go a step above, why not have them listed ‘In Roon’ so users can just enable them ie install them from Roon.

Don’t treat the Extensions like a Step-Child.:persevere:

(simon arnold) #4

I agree it would be useful to have some list of extensions inactive development.

(Edward) #5

If nothing more it might stop a duplicate of effort by people seeking to make an extension. I mean, there are so many reasons why Roon needs to get on the ball and take care of this…

(Jan Koudijs) #6

I started a community project to simplify extension distribution. The Extension Repository doesn’t include all that is available but I try to get as many as possible in.

There are two primary methods for extension distribution, the first is source level distribution via npm/GitHub, the second is “package” distribution via DockerHub. The Extension Manager currently only supports the first method but I am working on an update to also support Docker containers, allowing more extensions to be included.

I might repurpose the Repository page of the Wiki, to list all existing extensions and provide at least a link if it is not directly supported by the manager. Would like to hear if this is considered useful. Alternative location would be the Roon Knowledge Base…