Composers links problems [no more only Greek]

Hi @john
i have been reading (by chance) this page of the KB:
https://kb.roonlabs.com/Import_Settings

and i got this paragraph:
“Composer credits have an additional level of complexity in that there is a distinction between composition composer credits and track composer credits. If we have Roon composition composer credits, but no track composer credits, we will go to your file tags and merge in anything that Roon doesn’t already have; one reason for this is to cater for track-specific Arranger (Composer) credits. This is, incidentally, why, if you’ve put something like “Beethoven, Ludwig van (1770-1827)” in your COMPOSER tags, it will appear alongside Roon’s “Ludwig van Beethoven” in the composer credits.”

NOTES

1. the distinction between composition’s composer and track’s composer, though subtle, makes sense. in fact, i was looking for a way to merge compositions that are the same, but are credited with extra composers/arrangers (typically, for Trad. compositions)
  2. at the same time, roon behavior is not clear at all, and i would like an explanation…

A) as far as i understand, file-tag composers are always interpreted as a TRACK COMPOSER.
that would explain why it happens (quite often) that near a track i can see some composers (coming from file tags) that on the other side are not reported as composers of the composition.
see, on this regard, these posts of mine:

B) i wonder if the problem of the inactive (composers) links i have reported here is connected. i suspect that in roon database there are some tracks with track-composer but without composition-composer (exactly as there are tracks with no corresponding composition, as it has been reported… roon’s staff should have a ticket for this).
this would explain an inactive composer link under the track title: if it’s a track role, it cannot link to a composition-role. the same happens in fact when the track is tagged with a composer (=track-composer) that for some reason (wrong tag, or error in roon database) is missing from the composition: the name is there under the track title, but the link in not active.

C) if what i’ve written is correct (is it?), the distinction between track/composition composers is not at all evident in the program. first of all, i suspect that the composers page reports only … composition-composers. (actually more than a suspect, some checks confirm this).
This clearly is very very confusing: in fact, normally one looks at tracks (with their credits) not to composition. so, i see there a composer under the title, but if i search that composer… he’s not there! (in some cases…)
Besides, what’s the point in making a distinction between track/composition composers, if searching for a composer does not show BOTH compositions (composition-composer) AND tracks (track-composer)?

as far as i understand (but maybe i’m wrong…) the track-composer role exists in the database, but there’s no place where it can be displaced: roon does not display it in the composers section, and does not consider it in the performers section… so the link (if not corresponding to a composition-composer) is dead.
I think that possible solutions are:
-show them in the composers list, maybe with an extra specification near the composition (eg Additional composer/Arranger)
-or, always in the composers list, with a button (similar to performers/composers) that allows to switch between composition/track composer

hope this helps.
Nicco