Configure Roon Core just hangs, "Searching for RoonOS Core"

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Mac OS Catalina 10.15.7, Mac mini 3 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i5, 8GB, Roon 1.8, build 764.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

WiFi 3 meters away from Ubiquity UAP AC-Pro, wired into EdgeMax Router. Tx rate 405Mbps, MCS 7, Channel 157. IGMP Proxy not currently configured on Edgemax.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Mytek Brooklyn Bridge via wired Ethernet

Description Of Issue

Any attempt to Configure Roon OS Core in Setup leads to an endless wait “Searching for RoonOS Core” even though the Roon remote is already connected to the Core and functions fine in all other respects. Even if I start a Roon remote client on the same Mac mini that is running Roon Core, I get the same behavior. Discovery seems to work fine on this network in all other respects, as I have no trouble connecting Roon remote clients on iOS, Windows 10 or Mac OS for the purpose of playing music, yet on the very same machines attempts to configure the Roon Core just hang.

1 Like

This expected behavior as you obviously don’t have RoonOS Core. You have a MacOS Core.
Don’t worry, you don’t have to go there.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.