Confirm Migration of Roon Core

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

TEXT GOES HERE

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

TEXT GOES HERE

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

TEXT GOES HERE
I followed your directions for moving ROON core from my laptop to my new SonicTransporter AP i7. But I can’t tell if the Core is actually on the SonicT or still on my laptop. The music files are in the network folder which I think means they are on the SonicT’s SSD. Music does play successfully through my ipad and iphone. The ‘History’ was shown on both devices but the today the history will not display on the ipad (that doesn’t bother me).

However, after I signed in, I was not asked to ‘move my license over’. @support Also, I can no loner connect to ROON with my laptop? So did I mess up the migration to the SonicT?
Thank you,
Chas

Description Of Issue

TEXT GOES HERE

First, I am a user just like you, so take my advice in that context. :slightly_smiling_face:

Unless you have disconnected your old Core machine in Settings–>General then you’re probably still on the old machine. If you get on Roon on the old machine and Settings–>General says ‘This PC’ or something appropriate if you were on a Mac, then you are still on the old Core.

Disconnect your Core and the resulting screen will give you the opportunity to find the new Core.

If you want to preserve any changes made on the old Core machine’s Roon library, you should first do a Backup, using Roon’s backup mechanism. Then restore that Backup to your new machine.

Unless you delete Roon on the old machine, you can always reconnect it as a Core.

Thank you, I just looked in settings > about. Looking down a couple lines it displays Core: Sonictransporter. At some point I think I gave the core or device that name, not sure. So, how can I tell if that is just a name or where the core resides.
In another place, the display says,

Core

Sonic transport
::ffff: 10.0.0.83. Disconnect

Does either of these readouts confirm where the core resides.?

I don’t know what you mean by settings > about. Your Core is shown in Settings–>General.

If that refers to the S/T, then that’s where your Core is. A quick way to tell is to shut down Roon on your laptop. If music stills plays, then your Core is probably on S/T, unless you have some other device you haven’t mentioned.

@Chas_Foley
I have ST AP also…yours looks good to me

[quote=“Chas_Foley, post:3, topic:69686”]
In another place, the display says,

Thank you, I am just getting use to navigating the menus and terminology. When I selected Settings then looked under General This is what I found at the top of the display:

Core

Sonic transport
::ffff: 10.0.0.83. Disconnect

Since it shows my device’s ip address. Can I believe that is where the Core resides?
Thank you for your help,
Chas

Thanks Seaharp1. I just read your post, the picture is what I am seeing. I feel comfortable now. I love the sound of my SonicT/UltraRendu. The last thing I want to do, is to mess up things.

BTW how do you light your ST?
Chas

@Chas_Foley
I like it a lot.Especially Andrew’s support which I have had to use more times than I like to admit.
Mine is a 2 year old version i5 not i7.

HQe works fine too…max cpu is 70% and no stutters when upsampling dsd 64 to dsd 512.

Hi @Chas_Foley,

As others have mentioned the best way to see if you are using the Sonictranspoter as the Core would be in Roon Settings -> General and if you see:

This indicates that you are connected to the SonicTranspoerter as the Core.

You will also need to switch your Roon Remotes over to the SonicTranspoerter if you have not done so yet, and verify they say the same info in Roon Settings -> General.

I would also make sure to transfer the database over by making a Backup in Roon and then restoring it on the SonicTransporter to have your library edits + Roon created playlists show up if you have not done so yet.

– Noris

Hi Noris,
Thanks for your confirmation. I have got it all set up now.
Chas

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.