Confused about how to improve my audio system!

I have an RPM 15 and a Klipsch sub, which the speakers do need. For the money, its hard to beat.

Be advised, they are horn speakers, or may be just pseudo-horn. Some people don’t like the sound; that it feels somewhat constrained…

Apparently I should also be using $60 “Hi-Fi Tuning” fuses in my receivers.

1 Like

let’s get on with enjoying our hobby and everyone’s unique take on things. And, sorry WiWavelength. You are probably a great guy if I got to know you

@xxx they somehow modified this compare to other Klipsch. It is less bright, and at the same time loses some details.

Said it before, but I’ve been contemplating Heresy with a Bottlehead tube amp.

Supposedly, tubes take away some of the forwardness and brightness.

If it’s factual you should have no problem backing it up with provable facts and proof then, we all obviously need educating

I was at a HiFi show last year and quite unimpressed with so much of the overpriced gear on show. Then I walked past a room that was really jammin… I popped in and it was the Heresy. I stayed in that room for a good 45 minutes, basically taking control of their Tidal playlist hehe. And the music I was playing really got a lot of people walking past to pop into the little room too.

It was so musical and such a fun listen that I didn’t even care about the technical deficiencies that may come with a box that small. Very nice indeed.

1 Like

Remember, the placebo effect is just as strong if you use $0.15 fuses. Milk it for all it’s worth.

But the Hi-Fi fuses come in really nifty boxes!

Damn, now I want some $60 fuses! Do they come with the special directionally correct electrons?

Apparently they are directional. Get the “Supreme” (gold-infused), not the regular.

FFS. I really starting to worry about the sanity of audiophiles. They really are easilly suckered. Saying that I did hunt out some audio grade resistors for my phono stage to replace the bog standard supplied ones. It was better for it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s good to ‘hear’. Thanks for the info.

I’m thinking of making them and a Bootlehead amp as my living room system because I don’t have a lot of placement or room content options. In spite of what others have said, according to Klipsch specs the Heresy might be a little short on bass. Probably get a REL subwoofer.

First, the BottleHead amp build; a winter time project.

:sunglasses:

1 Like

Definitely, and this is the (possible) technical deficiencies I mentioned earlier, that may come from a passive component in a box of this size.

I can definitely see one of these in a living room one day, for not so critical listening. And by that I mean I have lots of music that goes into sub-bass territory, so subs will always need to be part of my life, in at least one system in my place.

At the same time, none of these deficiencies jumped out at me at the HiFi show. Granted it was a tiny (hotel) room but they were so musical. Very fun.

The Bottlehead stuff is fantastic too.

Yeah, that was my plan.

1 Like

The "advice " you posted is subjective nonsense. It is filled with imagined facts and no testing.

1 Like

@xxx, with that budget, I would get a Schiit amp/Pre-amp (tube can be turned on and off) and a .7 magnepan, not as dynamic as klipsch but for most of music genres sounds like a speaker 10 times of the price.

I have a Vidar. It feeds my GoldenEar Tritons. Soon, I’m going to buy a 2nd Vidar to run monoblocks and a Freya preamp for both the tubes and the remote volume control.

I looked at Magnepan 1.7. The problem is, like all Magnepans, they are extremely sensitive to placement both within a room and between the speakers. I just don’t have the necessary space.

Still, thanks for the suggestions. :expressionless:

This whole post is a wind up if you haven’t guessed already. I doubt Bill is a real person and this post was created to foment audiophile debate and highlight nonsense like audiophile fuses (from a 2007 article…really?).

I have to admit, now and then I also have my doubts. :smile:

No, the post at the start of this topic was sincere. Thanks to all who’ve replied; I’m still confused about some things, and I’ll take that up more fully when I get a minute. But a week of looking at devices and the kind contributions of other members of the forum have cleared up a lot, for me. I will probably not be employing Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, though. I wonder how well they work as fuses? Are they UL-certified?