Congratulations! KEF LS50W & Roon 269 - Direct to ETH!

Yes I thought the same thing as I have had that issue.
Updated from the Mac updater with no problem. This is my third firmware update and I have never hd an issue during updating.
I wonder how this improved Roon support? That’s the only reason I haven’t sold mine off yet.
Link to the updater;

The USBridge worked fine for me but I’m doing direct to Roon now for one less device.

@danny do you know what the reference to Roon in the firmware update actually fixes/improves? (In case anyone doesn’t know, the WiFi portion of the LS50W firmware also includes Ethernet connectivity).

minor bugfixes in certain conditions of play/pause/seek/etc…

I have had some reliability issues since adding the usBridge in front of my LS50W’s. Have had to restart the bridge a number of times. Not sure if the Kef’s auto-standby was causing issues or not. I was only trying the usbridge so that I could do multi-room group zones including the Kef’s but not sure it’s worth it.

My Roon software just updated too and it said it was for one of my devices which must be the Kef’s. At least Kef is smart enough to support Roon.

Between a) the MCU power/voltage fix, b) the fix to improve firmware update stability, and c) Roon specific improvements on the Kef side, it seems like they might actually be addressing the major issues that users in this community have had! Fingers crossed.

Here’s hoping.

There is a long thread on the Computer Audiophile forum about USBridge and Allo responds there. You might get some help there.

I’ve yet to set up the pair I have got for my son, to update firmware, download appropriate file to PC, how does this then get to the KEFs?

thanks,

.sjb

There are install instructions with the updater but basically you direct connect to the speakers with a usb cable and also have them set to wifi then use the installer.

Forgive me if this is a silly question, I’m new to Roon!
Since I connected my KEFs via ethernet, the Roon RAAT is no longer showing in the signal path. Is this correct?
I was previously connecting my KEFs to my pc via USB and roon RAAT was the middle stage of my signal path.

This integration does not do full RAAT .

1 Like
1 Like

Ah, that would be why. Thanks!

Since the last firmware upgrade of the KEF LS 50W, almost every time when I start ROON on my Ipad, the volume of the KEF LS50 W audiozone is initially maximized to 100… And that is A LOT of noise… I have not experienced this before. Anyone had the same experience ?

I got the same problem!! @R_Lacroix

Ok, see the support forum Adam. I posted a case there and busy with Mike from Roon to provide him something to work with.

1 Like

Was there just a device update in Roon for these speakers? The only devices I have Roon connected to are the Kefs and two Sonos Ones.

Hi. New to Roon, and currently trying out the 14 day trial. I have these connected to my LS50’s, and also linked to a set of seperate ceiling speakers on a sonos amp. It will connect to both, but I cant group them together so I can play the same output across all speakers. Is there any way around this? From reading the FAQ’s, I get a feeling this is a hardware issue. Can anyone help? Thanks.