Connect USB drive from Digione. Roon doesn't recognize it

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Ethernet connection through linksys or netgear router.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Connection to DAC is through coaxial cable from streamer to Parasound integrated amplifier.

Description Of Issue
Roon refuses to detect my files loaded onto the usb drive connected to my digione streamer.

What software is the Digione running?

1 Like

I’m running ropiee

I’m a bit confused, is this a standard pi/hat streamer with ropieee as the OS?
If so it won’t show as Ropieee is cut down and only streams it doesn’t share files.

Hello @Stephen_Roberson, what are you using for a Core? Also, are you able to get things working by connecting the USB drive to the core?

I am using the surface pro as my core. Nothing is detected including any Nas attached to digione signature.

I can connect to the core fine but not to the signature.

Hello @Stephen_Roberson, thanks for the details! I wanted to clarify one item here. Outside of Roon, are you able to read the contents of your USB drive over the network when its hooked into the Digione? Let me know!

I can’t get it recognized on my network

Hello @Stephen_Roberson,

We enabled diagnostics on our end and, according to the diagnostics report, things appear to be okay.
To clarify, Ropieee doesn’t have SMB capabilities, so while you can play to the device over the network, you can’t access media from it over the network like you would a NAS.

Here’s an article with more information about storage in Roon

Thank you. The problem was a software issue that configuration by roopiee straightened out on their software configuration page. Thanks for your patience and help.

Anytime @Stephen_Roberson, let us know if you need help in the future!

Thank you for your help. I resolved the issues by reconfiguring ropieee and building a NAS. Now everything is recognized.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.