Connecting Apple mini with Roon directly to Kii speakers

A Kii speaker consists of 6 speakers, 6 x 250 W, his own DAC’s and I have a connected Kii control which has a cinch, an optical and a USB input. I connected so far a CD-player on cinch and a Sonos Connect at the optical input. Now I wanted to connect my Mac mini with Roon to the USB input but then I get the message choose an audio device, but there is nothing else as My iPad and Sonos Connect. I wanted to cancel Sonos in the chain. What is goiing wrong?

Have your Kii been updated to the latest firmware? This is required to add Roon endpoint as a feature to them.

1 Like

This can be done by @Kii_Audio remotely. Just give them a call or drop a message over Facebook Messenger.

Hi @Frans_Devies,

Can you please share a screenshot of your Settings -> Audio tab? You can upload screenshots by using these instructions and it should look something like this:

I would also make sure that the Kii’s are on the newest firmware as others have suggested.

Thank you all for the suggestions. I think they are all very useful to solve the problem. In the meantime, I had contact with Kii and they wil be updating my Kii Control firmware tomorrow. I let you know what the solution was when the problem is solved.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.