Connecting to Music source

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Roon Download 10/10/20
Roon Server on NAS (SSD) Storage Pool 2 - DataVol1, Music Stored Storage Pool1 - DataVol2
Mac-Mini i5 6 core 8Mb DDR4 RAM
OS Catalina, 10.15.7.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
5E cables, hard wired from Mac-Mini to Netgear Switch to QNAP TS-253 Pro (NAS) + Linn DSM.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Linn Akurate DSM that seems to be working via Roon Core on Mac-Mini; common 5E ethernet connection via NetGear switch to Mac & QNAP NAS.

Description of Issue
Goto “+ Add Folder” specify pathway (various efforts) but none successful - get error message.

Mac-mini ID = michaellee
Folders (Standard Mac) plus = Multimedia (this folder created as “Shared Folder” with NAS)

QNAP fixed IP (198.162.0.148) = “MyStore47”
500Gb SSD; Storage Pool 2; DataVol1 = Where Roon Core is Located
2 x WD (Raid 1) HDD’s; Storage Pool 1; DataVol2 = Various/Multimedia/MyMusic (folders)

Any help will be appreciated,
Thanks

Need a little more info.

What ‘various efforts’? What ‘error message’?

Screen prints always help.

Examples:

/users/volumes/multimedia/mymusic
/volumes/multimedia/mymusic
smb://192.168.0.148/Multimedia/DataVol2/MyMusic
smb://192.168.0.148/Multimedia/MyMusic

With the Roon Core on NAS, the music folders on that NAS are local … thus when pointing the Roon Core to them a local folder path should be specified rather than a network share.

I’d recommend reading the Roon Knowledge Base, to get a heads up on its architecture.

However, in short … Roon on your iMac when connected to the Roon Core on your NAS, is operating as a control device for the Core.

2 Likes

Hello @Michael_Lee1, carl has the right idea here. Please let me know if you have any further questions! The article he’s referring to is available here.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.