Roon Core Machine

iMac Retina 4K 2019 3,2GHz 6-core intel Core i7
16GB 2667 Mhz DDR4

Modem + Router

USB connected to Cambridge Audio 200M
51463 tracks in library

Cannot connect Roon Act with Roon Core:

{
“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“77.aaa.bbb.ccc”,“router_external_ip”:“null”},
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”}
}

On both modem and router, I manually addressed a port with IP number and port number to Roon Act

What to do?

What country are you in and which ISP.
Make and model of the modem and router.

1 Like

Hey @Rudi_Hartmans,

Following up on this thread, are you still running into issues getting Arc up and running?

If so, could you please provide the information @ged_hickman1 has requested? The diagnostics you’ve provided suggest that UPnP is not properly configured on your router.

Please first try the following steps:

• Try to enable UPnP/NATPMP in the web administration interface for the router directly upstream from your Core
  • Try to manually open the port in your router’s port forwarding configuration
  • Make sure the IP/Port matches the Port listed in Roon → Settings → ARC
  • Check for any VPNs or Firewalls that might be interfering
  • Check if your modem is in Bridge mode

If you continue to experience difficulties, please tag the support team and include the following information:

1. What is the make and model of your modem and router?
  2. Do you have any additional network hardware, like additional routers or managed switches?
  3. Who is your internet service provider and what is your geographic region?
  4. Is your Modem configured in Bridge Mode so that it operates only as a modem or do you have the ports forwarded on both?

Dear Roon Labs support,

Please find below behind the ‘>>’ my reponse to your advised steps:

Please first try the following steps:

• Try to enable UPnP/NATPMP in the web administration interface for the router directly upstream from your Core

UPnP is enabled

• Try to manually open the port in your router’s port forwarding configuration

Port Forwarding is configured and enabled

• Make sure the IP/Port matches the Port listed in Roon → Settings → ARC

Confirmed LAN IP address and port are equal

• Check for any VPNs or Firewalls that might be interfering

No VPN active and no additional Firewall rules in the router

• Check if your modem is in Bridge mode

There is no additional modem. Router itself is the DSL modem

If you continue to experience difficulties, please tag the support team and include the following information:

1. What is the make and model of your modem and router?

DSL router is a DrayTek Vigor 2860

1. Do you have any additional network hardware, like additional routers or managed switches?

no additional modem/router, only an unmanaged switch

1. Who is your internet service provider and what is your geographic region?

KPN is the ISP, Noord-Holland is the region in the Netherlands

1. Is your Modem configured in Bridge Mode so that it operates only as a modem or do you have the ports forwarded on both?

Modem is integrated in the router

{
“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“77.aaa.bbb.ccc”,“actual_external_ipv6”:“null”,“router_external_ip”:“null”},
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”}
}

Hi Benjamin, do you have enough info to advise me how to set up Roon Arc? Thanks!

Hi @benjamin and @ged_hickman1, sorry for the delay, but can you help me connect Roon Arc with this info? Thanks, Rudi

Hey @Rudi_Hartmans,

You’ll either need to enable manual port forwarding OR Upnp, not both. If UPnP doesn’t work when enabled without a manual port forwarding rule, then turn it off before creating the manual port forward. How is your core connected to your router?

This could also pose issues in itself, as you most likely don’t have the option to enable bridge mode. It would take your network down if you applied bridge mode to a router.

I’d route your core directly to your router first and see how things run. I would also potentially get in touch with your ISP to see if they can provide additional information on your modem router combo.

Hi Bejamin, thanks for your respons and advice, but we can’t work it out. Is it possible to make an appointment so you can join and watch at my screen to fix it? Friday 24th feb would be an option to do this. Thanks for your support!

Hey @Rudi_Hartmans,

At this time, we’re only able to offer support via this community. Apologies there!

Can you provide more information here? Have you bypassed the switch? Did you try disabling Upnp while keeping your manual port forwarding rule active?

I would also get in touch with your ISP to see what options you have for Bridging options on the Modem router combo you are using.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.